Anhor

Open Hatch for Tankdrivers

5 posts in this topic

One first: If you cannot make a effective contribution, you should make none. Thx

My Question:

Is there a way to force the driver of a tank to drive with the hatch open?

Please no discussion about sense or nonsense..... there will be a reason I ask .....

Advertisement

The answer to this question is yes and no at the same time.

To force people to turn out you'd need to write a script that forces driver to this position and doesn't allow for him to turn in (hide).

There is a problem with that, with low server performance it can malfunction and we all know the good old arma bugs where people switching seats get ejected and die (this would likely happen when the driver tries to turn in but gets forced back out while his tank is moving).

To avoid any problems you'd have to make your own tanks that have drivers sitting in there with their heads sticking out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, τĿ | Care Bear said:

To avoid any problems you'd have to make your own tanks that have drivers sitting in there with their heads sticking out.

Thx for your answer care bear.

I'm afraid your suggestion goes beyond my abilities 9_9

The script to force driver in turn out position shouldn't be too hard and and second thought you should be able to remove turn in option with removeAction command for your desired vehicles.

Advertisement