Sign in to follow this  
Hightaxes (Ask for ark server)

Requesting server version / Timeout / w. Error log

Question

I read a couple walkthroughs of how setting up a Arma 3 Exile server, gave it a try and now im at the point where (Through the launcher) it loads most of the data but gets hung up with "recieving server version..." "Server Version Request Timed Out"

I've tried the mySQL/Steam command/Starting file for server with little luck

31d5a52c2f8cde3632c047c99efa5632.png

3 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Hightaxes (Ask for ark server) said:

I read a couple walkthroughs of how setting up a Arma 3 Exile server, gave it a try and now im at the point where (Through the launcher) it loads most of the data but gets hung up with "recieving server version..." "Server Version Request Timed Out"

I've tried the mySQL/Steam command/Starting file for server with little luck

31d5a52c2f8cde3632c047c99efa5632.png

Run this simple query:

ALTER USER 'USERNAME CHANGE ME'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'PASSWORD CHANGE ME';

if it don't fix it then It means your user needs the above plugin. So try creating new user with create user or grant command after changing default plugin. then new user need the native plugin and you will able to connect MySQL.

Edited by StokesMagee

4 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

Run this simple query:

ALTER USER 'USERNAME CHANGE ME'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'PASSWORD CHANGE ME';

if it don't fix it then It means your user needs the above plugin. So try creating new user with create user or grant command after changing default plugin. then new user need the native plugin and you will able to connect MySQL.

Thanks! I'll try that out later and post the results

20 hours ago, Hightaxes (Ask for ark server) said:

On 5/2/2018 at 8:55 AM, StokesMagee said:

Run this simple query:

Update: fresh install of Myslq with the native password, no luck. Entering that line of code and executed it with the same error coming up upon server start. I'm going to do a fresh re-install of steam CMD, Myslq and arms 3.

Advertisement