Gowie

Setting up a Dedicated Windows Exile Server

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Recently I've started to learn how to setup a dedicated exile server. There is soo much to learn and I'm a little overwhelmed with the information available. I've got my server to the point where there are random AI missions, roaming AI and Gear Crates and it plays pretty well. But for the life of me, I can't work out how to add the Tanks DLC content, or even Zombies.

I would really appreciate a little help in this department, if anyone would be kind enough please to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hi @Gowie

Tanks DLC is fairly easy - open the ARMA 3 map editor, get the names of the new tank classes you want to add to your server and pop those names into your traders with an appropriate price associated with them (ensure they are in the price list and the trader items list). Happy to help with more detailed info if you need it, just let us know where you're stuck on that front. If you want the AI roaming around in tanks then add the vehicle class names to the roaming AI files too of course.

Zombies?  You'll need a spawner for that as well as the mod Zombies and Demons from Steam (and RZInfection if you want them to be able to infect players). See below for the latest from Kuplion;

As I said, happy to help further but you've already made a good start so well done and see how you go.

• Like 1

Advertisement

Oh Cool, thanks man. I've just realised that the vehicle options are pretty limited without CUP. Can you point me in the right direction to get that setup please? 

It's similar to adding the tanks DLC. Download the mod to the server, add the key into the "keys" folder and add the mod into your launch parameters. That'll get the mod onto the server but you won't be able to do much with it yet.

From there, you'd need to get the vehicles into the traders. There's a couple of ways to go about this, there are other people that may have posted their trader files (have a search on the forums) and that may include CUP vehicles to give you a start. Alternatively you can do it the slow and methodical way by opening ARMA 3 with the mod loaded, open the editor and place the CUP vehicles you're interested in on a map. Have a drive of it and if you like the vehicle, note down the class name and add it to your trader files the same way you did Tanks.

I, personally did a mix of both. I started with a pre-built CUP vehicles trader file and then tested all the vehicles out in the editor and adjusted the list according to what I liked and didn't like (as well as what fitted with the style of the server).

Oh, I just remembered that red_ned released an easy trader system so if you want a quick way to add stuff to the traders check this out;

Hey man,

thanks again, you've been a real help. It's starting to become clear how it all works. I was scratching my head for a few days because of the information overload. I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far and I'm about to setup CUP and then have some real fun :)

Advertisement