Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

Eden Items Vanish?

9 posts in this topic

I have a player working on a trader for me. When you look at the mission in the editor, there are all sorts of objects placed around. Such as backpacks.. When you run the scenario, to see it in action, a lot of the items just vanish? I tried searching for this and there was one google result where someone had something similar, but no solution? Anyone seen this?

Advertisement

If he's using exile 3den plugin it will not export weapons/backpacks and such as they can be taken by players even though you convert them to simple objects.

I had to manually export them using m3 addon and add them to my object list.

That's interesting.... I have weapon and equipment props all over my traders (and other places) and converting them to simple objects has worked fine.  They just become static props that cannot be interacted with.

11 hours ago, aussie battler said:

He is probably using different mods not used by the server.

This is all within the editor, so he is building it with the mods he has loaded. Hasn't even made it to a server at this point.

51 minutes ago, Bob_the_K said:

That's interesting.... I have weapon and equipment props all over my traders (and other places) and converting them to simple objects has worked fine.  They just become static props that cannot be interacted with.

I think we tried to convert to simple objects, but for some reasons some items still show an interaction menu and other items vanish? Are you saying this is normal and that changes if you export them and then use them in the mission for the server?

Aussie-battler has a point that I had forgotten.  I've done that, too.   Placed objects in the editor (simple or not) and when I actually join my server, the objects aren't there.   And it's because I had forgotten to add the corresponding mod to my game server, not just when I bring up the editor.

Within the editor itself, I've never had objects disappear (that I recall) when I test play from within the editor itself.  And that's across 5 different maps and thousands of objects in total.

Edited by Bob_the_K

Hey guys, I'm the guy working on the trader, and it turns out backpacks are the only item going 'invisible' and they're not actually invisible. they're dropping to the ground underneath the platforms I have the trader on, so its a failure of coordinate lock or something... see the below images...also i put the settings of one of the bags that's on the rack, because the rest of them are identical except for the coordinates.

20180510114523_1.jpg

20180510114455_1.jpg

20180510114718_1.jpg

20180510114734_1.jpg

Edited by Maverick21

So you converted them all to simple objects then?  Often, I've found that when I convert an object to a simple object, it looks fine in the editor.  Even if I synchronize the simple object.  But if I save that mission, reload it, some of the object have moved, shifted, or otherwise fallen to the floor.  So I then have to find the associated "can of beans" for that simple object and put it in position.  The object doesn't move until you re-synchronize it.  It can be tricky getting the rotation right since you're rotating the can and can't actually see the object until you re-synchronize.  But I've found that after doing that the objects stay in position.  Is that what you're experiencing?

Advertisement