geekm0nkey

New Table (Player Tracker)

20 posts in this topic

He is right, you know.

I personally would call the script when server calls for player save, player death, logging out, trade and locker transactions.

Essentially you make your file which gathers all the info you want collected and add that file to your exile server preinit and later on call it using network message with no params (as data would be collected by your custom script).

probably add it so it looks something like this

['ExileServer_system_network_event_stealMyData', 'exile_server\code\ExileServer_system_network_event_stealMyData.sqf', false]

And in mission config file you add your new network message (refer to exile client code config file for network messages).

I can probably tell you more once i setup a test server again after my hard drive went to meet its makers.

• Like 1

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

at the beginning of the second script you posted forces the code to end if it's not being run server side. 

if (isServer) then {

in the init.sqf calls the script server side. 

if hasInterface then
{

in the first script forces that code to run client side. 

Like I said, ExileServer_blah_blah can't be called client side which means none of the variables would be passed to the database 

Advertisement
13 hours ago, Monkeynutz said:

How many posts do you actually make, @geekm0nkey? You have so much rep because they are everywhere :eyes:

You don't give up do you? I ignored your personal attacks, then ignored your private messages.. You even had the nerve to insinuate that being courteous and polite to people was a bad thing.. Dude you need therapy.. Think its about time you move on buddy.

20 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

You don't give up do you? I ignored your personal attacks, then ignored your private messages.. You even had the nerve to insinuate that being courteous and polite to people was a bad thing.. Dude you need therapy.. Think its about time you move on buddy.

I'll goo see a doctor. B+ for the help.

I like Geekm0nkeys post because mostly I find the questions useful, also for other purposes then the question itself. Maybe he posts much but I don’t think that there’s a rule where it says that there’s a max amount of questions you can ask ;P

B- for my own English knowledge

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GolovaRaoul said:

I like Geekm0nkeys post because mostly I find the questions useful, also for other purposes then the question itself. Maybe he posts much but I don’t think that there’s a rule where it says that there’s a max amount of questions you can ask ;P

B- for my own English knowledge

I think the issue Cloud and Monkeynutz have is he seemingly never attenpts to google the answer before asking a question. A lot of the shit he asks about is already answered elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

I think the issue Cloud and Monkeynutz have is he seemingly never attenpts to google the answer before asking a question. A lot of the shit he asks about is already answered elsewhere.

Quite possibly but i've been told off now so I shan't say much else.

4 hours ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

Who gives a shit. Move along.

Ok, let's all play a game. It's the "I don't have anything to contribute so I'm not going to reply" game. You go first.

Advertisement