geekm0nkey

Custom Traders?

5 posts in this topic

So... Searching for answers using that as a term, yielded very little. What i am needing to know is... is it possible to create a trader with custom items separate from the main stream? For instance, I have all the standard traders, Exile_Trader_Armory, Exile_Trader_Equipment, etc.. What I am wanting to make is a Exile_Trader_SpecialOps_land, and Exile_Trader_SpecialOps_air. Specops type traders, who carry armored items that will not show up in the standard Exile_Trader_Vehicle and Exile_Trader_Aircraft. I attempted to toy with this on my own with no success.. I started by creating new classes in the CfgTraders.hpp file.

Spoiler

class Exile_Trader_SpecialOps_air
    {
        name = "SPECIAL OPERATIONS";
        showWeaponFilter = 0;
        categories[] =
        {
            "A3UAVs",
            "A3armedChoppers",
            "ApexVTOL"
        };
    };

then created new traders with eden and exported to.

Spoiler

["Exile_Trader_SpecialOps_air", [], "Exile_Trader_SpecialOperations", "Sturrock", [["arifle_MX_Black_F","","","",[],[],""],[],[],["U_B_CTRG_1",[]],["V_PlateCarrierGL_blk",[]],["B_Parachute",[]],"H_HelmetB_light_black","G_Balaclava_lowprofile",[],["","","","","","NVGoggles_OPFOR"]], [4710.91, 2589.94, 9.09146], [0.0286022, -0.999591, 0], [0, 0, 1]],

I'm sure there needs to be more than this or something else if it is even something that can be done.. Looking for pointers please.

Thank you.

trial and error, i figured out..

Spoiler

["Exile_Trader_Aircraft", ["HubStandingUB_move1"], "Exile_Trader_SpecialOps_air", "WhiteHead_08", [[],[],["CUP_hgun_Compact","","","",["CUP_10Rnd_9x19_Compact",10],[],""],["CUP_U_O_RUS_EMR_2",[]],["V_PlateCarrier2_rgr_noflag_F",[["CUP_10Rnd_9x19_Compact",3,10]]],["B_TacticalPack_ocamo",[]],"CUP_H_USMC_Helmet_Pilot","G_Balaclava_TI_blk_F",["Laserdesignator_03","","","",[],[],""],["ItemMap","C_UavTerminal","ItemRadio","ItemCompass","Exile_Item_XM8",""]], [4710.96, 2590.01, 9.08744], [0.0715323, -0.997438, 0], [0, 0, 1]],
["Exile_Trader_Vehicle", ["HubSittingChairA_move1"], "Exile_Trader_SpecialOps_land", "WhiteHead_03", [[],[],["CUP_hgun_Makarov","","","",["CUP_8Rnd_9x18_Makarov_M",8],[],""],["TRYK_T_camo_wood_marpat_BG",[["NVGoggles_OPFOR",1],["CUP_8Rnd_9x18_Makarov_M",2,8]]],["V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F",[["CUP_8Rnd_9x18_Makarov_M",1,8]]],[],"H_Booniehat_khk","",["Laserdesignator_02","","","",[],[],""],["ItemMap","B_UavTerminal","","","",""]], [4707.55, 2590.44, 9.00144], [0.159209, -0.987245, 0], [0, 0, 1]],

Advertisement
9 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

Not sure if it would be easier, but you could accomplish the same thing using the community customs traders.

Yup, this is exactly what they're there for..

11 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

Not sure if it would be easier, but you could accomplish the same thing using the community customs traders.

I had read the comments in the file, it sounded to me like this was for inter-game trading for players.. (future feature.) but good to know.. Thanks.. 

Edited by geekm0nkey

Advertisement