drk_pheonix

Spawning under ocean when i try to base spawn on 2 different exile servers

Question

i have a question i can't seem to find an answer for. I have 2 different servers I like to play on both exile 1.04 the new one. I try to spawn at my base and i spawn under ocean at bottom left corner of map. I drown before i can reach the surface.  i have posted bug on server websites they don't seem to have an answer. can someone please give suggestion or feedback i can pass on to server owners.

9 answers to this question

Hello @drk_pheonix,

Congratulations!  It is NOT YOUR FAULT!

This is a server side issue with a script they are using.  I have seen and experienced myself in the past.  It is ON THE SERVER OWNERS to correct.

There is NOTHING you can do sadly except report it.

:(

• Like 1

Z80CPU is correct, this would be a server side issue that the owners would have to fix. However, you are sure that you are selecting the spawn first, allowing it to zoom in on the location, this ensures the server has it selected, and then clicking spawn? Try it like that and see if it still spawns you in the bottom left corner of the map. If it does, then it is on them to fix it. If this fixes the issue then it has to do with latency between you and the server where the server is not detecting your spawn selection before you click spawn. There is an easy fix to this that the owners can do where the disable the spawn button until it is ready for the player to spawn at the selected location, but I won't get into that here since it is out of your power.

• Like 1

Advertisement
6 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

Z80CPU is correct, this would be a server side issue that the owners would have to fix. However, you are sure that you are selecting the spawn first, allowing it to zoom in on the location, this ensures the server has it selected, and then clicking spawn? Try it like that and see if it still spawns you in the bottom left corner of the map. If it does, then it is on them to fix it. If this fixes the issue then it has to do with latency between you and the server where the server is not detecting your spawn selection before you click spawn. There is an easy fix to this that the owners can do where the disable the spawn button until it is ready for the player to spawn at the selected location, but I won't get into that here since it is out of your power.

Can you tell me how that would be done as i sometimes have peeps spawning at the bottom left but not all the time on my altis server

1 hour ago, hogansheroes said:

Can you tell me how that would be done as i sometimes have peeps spawning at the bottom left but not all the time on my altis server

In the default Exile Client sqf  ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show the _spawnButton controller is already set to false. It's not until you select a spawn that it becomes functional. Usually what's happening is a Server owner is using a new spawn system where at the end of the sqf you find _spawnButton ctrlEnable true; not within a statement so the control is active 24/7. What you need to do is remove that and add it to either the zoom to spawn statement or to the function that was created to display the new spawn. This is all based off custom spawn systems i.e. xtreme, Super Jerome, Stokes, ect. Bottom line is there is a  line of code enabling the spawn button before a selection has been made. Need to fix that and it will never happen again.

Edited by Beowulfv
  • Like 1

Z80cpu  tried what you suggested by selecting my base  waited til it zoomed in on location and then spawning.  sadly still spawned under ocean ty for advice anyway

the admins on the servers i play have tried some things to fix the problem.  still no luck i still drown.  does anyone think reinstalling arma 3 would help. very few others have this issue. I am sick of it. Please if anyone has any suggestions i can try or i can pass on to server admins.

Advertisement