kuplion

[Release] Prevent Low Level Raiding!

13 posts in this topic

Prevent Low Level Raiding to protect the new players on your server. This is a configurable method of protecting new players on your server from the big boys who like to wipe bases off the map before they're established. You can set the level that protection stops at, and the message the raiding parties will receive upon attempting a raid.

Hacking, Hotwiring, Breaching, Grinding, and Flag Stealing can all be protected against, by just selecting the overrides you wish to use.

Install Instructions..

  • Copy the contents of CfgExileCustomCode.hpp to the "CfgExileCustomCode" of your mission file config.cpp.
  • Copy the "Custom" folder to the root of your mission file (if you change this location, don't forget to update your file paths in the "CfgExileCustomCode" section.)
  • Copy the contents of CfgSaveTheBambis.hpp to the top of your mission file config.cpp, just above "class CfgClans".

Download..

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the concept, but is there anything we could add to prevent players from just sitting at say level 2 and never advancing? Like preventing the placing of items that store, until they move out of the bambi protection phase? or limit the protection to say xx number of days?

Good work though.. Still very useful.

Edited by geekm0nkey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
7 hours ago, geekm0nkey said:

Love the concept, but is there anything we could add to prevent players from just sitting at say level 2 and never advancing? Like preventing the placing of items that store, until they move out of the bambi protection phase? or limit the protection to say xx number of days?

Good work though.. Still very useful.

 

1 hour ago, [FYCA] BillytheDog said:

Love this, thanks a bunch! really like geekm0nkeys idea about limiting it to days or perhaps from protection period to protection period.

 

Personally I limit use of the Virtual Garage and Base Respawn until level 3, so players have to make a choice between unraidable and additional features.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

31 minutes ago, kuplion said:

 

Personally I limit use of the Virtual Garage and Base Respawn until level 3, so players have to make a choice between unraidable and additional features.

I like that idea, my guys would have a shit if i did that :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, [FYCA] BillytheDog said:

 

I like that idea, my guys would have a shit if i did that :)

Sounds like you sound implement it just for shits and giggles. xD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 2:54 AM, [FYCA] BillytheDog said:

Love this, thanks a bunch! really like geekm0nkeys idea about limiting it to days or perhaps from protection period to protection period.

Here is my version, I've added the limit to protect for only xx number of days regardless of base level.

Here are the modified files. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pp2wAv4gTfPSqgvavbARTIIEyJT58wGs

Add the following to the bottom of the exile.ini file.

Spoiler

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;  Territory Protection Expire Count
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
[loadTerritoryDays]
SQL1_1 = SELECT DATEDIFF(NOW(),`created_at`) from territory where `id` = ?
Number of Inputs = 1
SQL1_INPUTS = 1
OUTPUT = 1

Add the following to the config.cpp file in your mission folder under the class CfgSaveTheBambis section.

Spoiler

    // Only protect base for this number of days
    stopProtectionAfterDays = 15;

Message to players was slightly changed to let them know how old the base is when they are rejected.

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-06-22_19-05-26.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.