Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N3onxDriverFreddyx

trader ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\config.cpp, line 1657: '/CfgExileArsenal.': '"' encountered instead of '='

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have the probelm that when I start the server and joine, this error message comes in the Log ErrorMessage: File mpmissions \ __ cur_mp.Altis \ config.cpp, line 1657: '/ CfgExileArsenal.': '"' encountered instead of '='

1 hour ago, N3onxDriverFreddyx said:

Hello,

I have the probelm that when I start the server and joine, this error message comes in the Log ErrorMessage: File mpmissions \ __ cur_mp.Altis \ config.cpp, line 1657: '/ CfgExileArsenal.': '"' encountered instead of '='

We can't help you if you don't provide us with the config... 

Advertisement
3 hours ago, N3onxDriverFreddyx said:

Hello,

Have you take a look in your mission pbo config.cpp on line 1657, it clearly states that there is a syntax error, prolly missing =

Hello @N3onxDriverFreddyx,

This is caused by a typo.  You have either added or removed some sytax from the file...and sadly, it can be anywhere.  The 'line 1657' most likely is not where the issue is, it is above that line somewhere as it was expecting it there, but was not due to the error introduced elsewhere.

You will have to go thru line by line.  I can tell you  this though; it is something you added or modified.

Good luck!

:)

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, N3onxDriverFreddyx said:

This is the config.cpp 

https://pastebin.com/gYJGVGe9

line 1753 you have an extra " at the end of the line.

?u=d3c7483&i=laparoelytrotomy_horray

Edited by StokesMagee
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree with @Z80CPU It refers to config.cpp, line 1657: '/ CfgExileArsenal , and by reviewing ur Config.cpp, there is no error on specified line, however under class CfgExileArsenal, I can see that easy traders files are being called, so the error is 99% in some of the trader files in TRADERS folder in ur mission.pbo. To resolve this issue u will need to browse all trader files for syntax error, or just coment them all except one with // infront #include "TRADERS\bla bla

(so it looks like this; //#include "TRADERS\APEX\ItemListAPEX.hpp"),

and try to boot server, if it works, remove // from another line, repbo, and try boot up again.

Once u get to the line which stops server from booting go to that trader folder in ur mission pbo and CHECK ALL FILES for syntax errors.

I know there are prolly a lot of lines to go through, but take your time and inspect them carefully,

(been there myself, on my server SZ in Occupation traders would suddenly stop working, turned out I was missing , in trader items list, prolly forgot to add it when I was modifying the list, took me a while before figuring that out :D, so i was browsing through all lines in multiple files numerous times to be sure that everything is ok).

If I am not mistaken there should be two files with trader items list and prices within each trader folder.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Brenner
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

line 1753 you have an extra " at the end of the line.

?u=d3c7483&i=laparoelytrotomy_horray

lol true, so I guess the error is in that 1% after all (was looking at it on shitty work monitor) xD

Advertisement