Sign in to follow this  
XkryptoniteO

Cannot join own Exile Server

Question

Trying to join my own exile server hosted on the same PC. I start the exile auto start bat and it gives the typical message saying its running. I boot Arma 3, and the server does not come up under "internet", so i tried "LAN", and it came up with 3 iterations of the same server, so for example, the name of the server is "Fusion Exile Server", and 3 versions came up with separate pings. Clicking on each one will load for 5 minutes and say connection failed. Also, in the server browser, the "Status" of the server is always "Starting up" or "Creating", it never just sits there idly as a normal server would if it were up and running. 

EDIT: Do I need to port forward, or is Hamachi a valid option? The server isnt for public, just an offline exile server for a few friends.

Edited by XkryptoniteO

3 answers to this question

Hey buddy..

1. I think the duplicates are from additional servers starting, maybe the server monitor bat you are using is creating this. 

2. For lan you dont need port forwarding, so i'd say the server itself isn't set up entirely correct.

Can you upload the server .rpt file in pastebin so we can take a look?  I'm sure many will respond with answers before i'm able to get back to review it.

Yes, to make the server visible to your friends you will need to forward a couple of ports (or use Hamachi, but forwarding is pretty easy). 

It's normal for me to see two iterations, don't know about three. What startup bat are you using, what is the messages on the server window, and please post your rpt file on hastebin or similar. 

I can see 3 instances of my servers, and can connect to any of them, the ping difference is usually max 1 between them (hosted on the same machine as client).

Ports need to be open for non LAN connections.

You should check your RPT for errors.

Advertisement