[SGA]CMDRSh4d0w

Windows Server 2012 R2 - Can't find server in any browser

Question

Hey folks, I'm really hoping I am posting this in the right area. I got a Windows 2012 R2 VPS last night and installed my exile server on it, but am having a slight issue that I can't figure out.

I got the server to load up at least, but using A3's native server browser and on the in-game multiplayer browser, my server isn't showing up. I've even tried using Direct Connect, and it just hangs and the servers dialog box doesn't show anyone trying to load in. Can anyone come up with any ideas of what I need to look for to figure this out? I do know this much, I am not able to connect to the MySQL server remotely, giving me an error 10060... Basically the error in question is showing that I cannot access the DB remotely, but I can access it if I RDP into the server and use HeidiSQL to localhost connect in.

For the basics, I ordered the server from Virmach.com and have enough HD space to run it... But I can't figure out why I can't connect and been working on this all day and running searches both here and googling. I just can't seem to find out why it wont show up... Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

You should learn a bit more how dedicated servers works before create one own server. What u're asking is very basics to dedicated servers, not specific to exile mod.

Anyway, the problem with mysql is that u've to config then to accept remote connections. You can  just connect by localhost because it is configured to work this way.

The problem that you can't join or find your server is because u didn't config it on your firewall. See the link below to learn how config it:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

Thanks for the rudeness of your response Joew00... Next time you want to assume someone knows nothing about it, then you should just shut up. As it turns out, the problem wasn't my own fault as I had the settings configured correctly... It turned out that it was the hosting companies fault for incorrectly setting up the IP settings from their end. I only came here to ask for help hoping that someone had some brains and a little bit of decency. From here on out, do not respond to any of my posts please and thank you. I don't need your rudeness.

Advertisement