Sign in to follow this  
Abadonae

Arma 3 Exile HELP!!!

Question

Hi everyone,

Right to get started, i'm quite PC and tech savvy but servers are completely new to me so I need someone to help and explain this to me in a very 'laymans' sort of way.

I'm hosting an Exile Tanoa server on Nitrado, i'm able to access all the files via the website dashboard and edit everything. I've got a  .pbo unpacking tool and i've downloaded (but not added) Ryans Zombie and Demons.
However the last time i tried to follow help via google to make all these things work i couldn't and the AMAZING support ticket was answered with what was basically 'we don't know look at this link' which also didn't help me.

Basically missions aren't appearing, zombies aren't spawning AND is there anyway to edit the view distance and item distance options?

I know this is a lot of questions but i've been trying for days and i've sort of lost hope now :(

2 answers to this question

Start with setting up a default Exile server once you have this running connect to it to test your server is working fine.

(Recommend: "A3launcher" to find and connect to your server)

A little about Arma 3 servers:

Server side code = scripts/code running on the server (server.pbo)

Client side code = player downloads mission file on connect to your server these files run on the players machine (mission.pbo)

The mission.pbo and the server.pbo is what you want to download and unpack (Recommend: "pbomanager") work on repack into .pbo upload back to the server.

Inside = @ExileServer folder then Addons folder you will find server.pbo's

Inside = MPMissions folder you will find mission.pbo's

Edit "config.cfg"

class Exile
    {
        template = Exile.Malden;  // Exile.Namalsk, Exile.Altis, Exile.Tanoa, ExileEscape.Altis, ExileEscape.Tanoa

// do NOT use custom difficulties!
        // Use either ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
        // or you will break Exile!
        difficulty = "ExileRegular";
    };

Change template to match the mission.pbo you want to run

Still this is just editing Exile no missions no zombies nothing but Exile

To add Ai missions find some on the forums

Follow the INSTALL Guide for the addon DMS

You need to download the files and add them to your server

To download DMS go here:

https://github.com/Defent/DMS_Exile

You can simply download the a3_dms folder and pack that yourself using any pbo packer application.

5. INSTALLATION:

https://github.com/Defent/DMS_Exile#to-install

Installation is as simple as it gets. Modify the config.sqf to your liking or just keep it stock, I'm not your mother.

Pack it to a pbo using any application of your liking. The prefixes should not be touched.

Open @ExileServer\addons\ and place it in here. 

That is, place a3_dms.pbo inside the addons folder of @ExileServer

EASY AS PIE.

DMS has its own settings you can edit if you look inside the a3_dms folder for config.sqf

Most scripts/addons will have settings you can edit to your liking otherwise if you know what your doing you can edit the code to your liking

What you run on your server, Server side everyone will need to have the same files so if you add another MOD "Ryans Zombie and Demons" your players will need to download this MOD also (A3launcher will do this for you)

To add another mod copy the @nameofmod into your server root dir (where the @Exile folder is)

Most mods have a .bikey you will need to copy it to the keys folder in your server root dir

Last thing to do for most MODS is add it to the command line for launch -mod=@Exile;@nameofmod

Advertisement