Sign in to follow this  
Kflo01

Error At Server Start

Question

Just started a new server and I getting the below error.

10:49:00 Warning Message: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\TRADERS\FHQ\ItemListFHQ.hpp, line 10: /CfgExileArsenal/: 'C' encountered instead of '{'

That is from the logs. When you first login this error appears in the loading screen. 

Also. I just want to get this server off the ground. ANY help at all would be so awesome.

Arma_3_8_19_2018_5_26_34_PM.png.045b17bcb88ada4b6de771146633235a.png

4 answers to this question

Hello @Kflo01,

This error means you have a typo somewhere.  A missing bracket, a missing comma, something.  And it will NOT always be where the error points to either.

For example, I forgot a bracket when upgrading from v1.03 to v1.04.  The error said like line 6277.  The actual error was about 300 lines up.

Start with your trader files, as this is where it probably is.  You just have a typo that you need to find.  I recommend you use NotePad++ because you can see enclosed things and it help to find missing brackets.  Commas?  You will have to go line by line.

Quick tip - Start in the files and in the lines you added.

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement

All I can tell you is that you have:

1 - Installed things incorrectly

OR

2 - You have installed things that are 'out dated' for either Exile or ARMA

That item is a DEFAULT Exile item - I do not get this error nor do others.

Sorry to say, you must VERIFY ALL OF YOUR WORK - You have made a mistake somewhere.

:(

What I am using to save time and avoid unsuccessful connections to server is autolock function in server config pbo config. I have it enabled, and if something is utterly wrong server won't unlock, so I know i screwed up somewhere, and it saves me time of waiting for the game to start and than failed connecting attempts, instead i can open rpt right away to check for errors.

Very useful thing. ;) 

P.S.  I'm not saying if using this method, and server unlocks itself on start, that it will be absolutely errorless (on the contrary), but if it stays locked, you will see right away that there is something wrong in something you did, or some script you installed, or whatever you did before server start.

Advertisement