ecortes

Custom Mission.pbo from scratch.

Question

Greetings Exile Community,

I've been trying to make a custom exile.mission, being a new empty folder in which I extract data from Exile M3Editor into initServer, initLocalPlayer, and mission.sqm.
I get all the data, including my custom spawns etc...but what else do I need to add? PREFIX? Description txt? I'm really lost and would love help with this.

Is there a guide on how to make it from scratch?

3 answers to this question

Do you mind if I ask why? 

I have made a few from scratch and it's easy if you know what you are doing, but a nightmare without.

You will still need some base things no matter what, like the description.ext.

The best thing is to get the base one and edit it to your hearts content. You need and Init, the Exile description.ext and 100% a mission.sqm. Not to discourage you in anyway but the fact you don't know might mean you miss a ton in the process of making a new one. Causing a few mere migraines. 

Customizing a current one will still be exactly yours. You can change every trader, position, mod, plugin, overwrite.

Cheers.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tich said:

Do you mind if I ask why? 

I have made a few from scratch and it's easy if you know what you are doing, but a nightmare without.

You will still need some base things no matter what, like the description.ext.

The best thing is to get the base one and edit it to your hearts content. You need and Init, the Exile description.ext and 100% a mission.sqm. Not to discourage you in anyway but the fact you don't know might mean you miss a ton in the process of making a new one. Causing a few mere migraines. 

Customizing a current one will still be exactly yours. You can change every trader, position, mod, plugin, overwrite.

Cheers.

Thank you for the response.
So I should copy say exile.chernarus into a new folder and then add my own stuff? It should work that way? I'm trying to get traders to wear custom clothing etc.

Totally mate. Exile 3Den offers this. All you have to do is edit the Initplayerlocal.sqf remove the current traders. Then make them in the editor and export them with exile 3den. One is the Initserver which is the layout, the second is the initplayerlocal which is the traders, their animations and loadouts.

Advertisement