ravejesus

Spawning double traders? [SOLVED]

Question

Solved the issue by dumping a new mission.sqm file into the pbo since that is what was calling the double traders.

Edited by ravejesus

5 answers to this question

Advertisement

my lucky guess would be you have traders in your initPlayerLocal  + you are calling initPlayerLocal from another file

but than again it is your server and only you know what you have done on it :D

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brenner said:

my lucky guess would be you have traders in your initPlayerLocal  + you are calling initPlayerLocal from another file

but than again it is your server and only you know what you have done on it :D

After going through just about everything I could, I found out that the mission.sqm was also trying to call the traders locations, so I deleted it and put in a fresh one before compiling the PBO. That seemed to have done the trick.

4 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

-Snip-

Luckily I can ignore users on here so I never have to see another one of your gate-keep "contributions" ever again. How about you start replying to people with useful information instead of condescending garbage to get your post count up, yeah?

Hello @ravejesus,

#1 - If you have double traders, then YOU have told Exile to produce double traders - THAT IS A FACT

#2 - If you do not know how to 'do a search', then the sad TRUTH is, you should not be running a server.  'Searching' is a BASIC FUNCTION.  And if you have not mastered this, you will not have any real success operating a server.  An ARMA server is NOT a 'plug-n-play' operation.

You MUST KNOW/HAVE:

Basic computer skills

Know how the ARMA server works

Basic networking skills

Basic ARMA programming/scripting knowledge

Without theses, sorry to say, it aint gonna work for ya!

Yes, you get an answer TODAY, trust me, there WILL BE A TOMORROW!  You got 'double traders' because you can not follow instructions which also poses a SERIOUS concern.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you 'brush up' on your computer skills THEN return to running a server.

I rather be HONEST WITH YOU, then LIE and 'hold your hand and tell you everything will be alright'.  ALL of us started where you are.  NO ONE 'jumps to the top' from the very start.  We ALL have to LEARN and 'climb the ladder' of knowledge.  You can not take one year of basic math and then consider yourself as a mathematician with a PhD.  Sorry, this is not how real life works.

When you say stuff such as "...before anyone tells me to use the search function, I tried. I'm not exactly sure what to search to find..." this CLEARLY says that you do not know what to do.  For searching IS THE ANSWER!

You got 2 cats, why?  You told ARMA to show 2 cats!  There!  THAT is the answer!  YOU told ARMA to do it!  And there are UNLIMITED number of reasons as to why. 

And before some 'smarty pants' says otherwise, I can call extra units to be spawned from ANY SCRIPT FILE WITH ANY NAME!  This means, with JUST alphanumeric used ONLY and ONLY 10 characters used in a name:  36^10  This is a BIG number, but then, within that script, I could call ANOTHER script, and I could continue this on and on. So, what I stated IS TRUE.  The number of possibilities is UNLIMITED.  File size, directory size, yes those have 'hard limits'.  NOT the number of actual possibilities.

Again, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you 'brush up' on your computer skills THEN return to running a server.

:)

• Haha 1

Advertisement