Ghostrider-DBD

blckeagls Missions: Dynamic, Static, Highly Configurable, Mission Creation Tools Included.

148 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Gristle said:

Thanks, I will dig through the files and see what I can turn up. In the meantime, I've been running into some issues with the asset missions not completing when the other AI have been killed? The 'Capture' addaction doesn't result in mission completion and gives the negative message as though the 'blck_unguarded' variable is not being updated when the last non-asset unit has been killed.

I stand corrected. If you look through the top of \custom_server\configs\...blck_dynamicConfigs.sqf there are arrays in which you can specify black listed items. I forgot I had that in there. I should probably move it to the main configs !

Regarding allowing players to access mission vehicles there are a few considerations.

1. Setting blck_killEmptyAIVehicles = false; //

Should unlock vehicles when all AI crew are dead.

2. There is a bug when an HC is connected that breaks this functionality.  The next release will have a fix that.

Advertisement

Hi Ghostrider-DBD,  I have had your missions on my server for awhile now and love them.  Got a quick question. When dynamic missions start no ai are present till a player gets within a certain distance. i understand that and that is awesome.  After some set time the mission deletes and a new one takes it place but if a player gets within that certain distance causing the ai to spawn in and no player does the mission the mission and ai never delete and stay untill server restart.  Is that normal? Or should the missions delete even if they are populated?  Have I missed something in the configs or screwed something up? I'm not getting any errors in the RPT.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, G2K said:

Hi Ghostrider-DBD,  I have had your missions on my server for awhile now and love them.  Got a quick question. When dynamic missions start no ai are present till a player gets within a certain distance. i understand that and that is awesome.  After some set time the mission deletes and a new one takes it place but if a player gets within that certain distance causing the ai to spawn in and no player does the mission the mission and ai never delete and stay untill server restart.  Is that normal? Or should the missions delete even if they are populated?  Have I missed something in the configs or screwed something up? I'm not getting any errors in the RPT.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

The way things are coded, the mission will only 'trigger' if a player enters the mission area (to reduce server load) and the mission will be discontinued if not triggered within a certain period so that missions that are in difficult locations are relocated to ensure players always have some choices. Once triggered, everything persists until server restart so that if it takes you a while to complete, you have plenty of opportunity. If ou put attach helis or jets at missions, be aware they may wander around a fair bit!

On 5/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, Ghostrider-DBD said:

If you mean that there is no action available on the asset, check that the assets are being properly initialized. The functions are in blckClient.sqf in the \debug folder. MGT found the fix for this a while ago. It should look like this:

GMS_fnc_addHostageActions = {
        private _hostage = _this;
        //private _handle = _hostage addAction ["Free Hostage",{_this call GMS_fnc_freeHostage}]; //,[],1,showWindow,hideOnUse,(alive _hostage)];
        private _handle = _hostage addAction ["Free Hostage",{_this call GMS_fnc_freeHostage},[],1,showWindow,hideOnUse]; //,"",{alive _target}]; //,"", (alive _target)];     
    };

IF that is correct, I am not sure what the issue would be. As far as I know it works fine on our servers.

That block matches what I have. The action is available but does not function when the hostile AI are dead. It seems as though the 'blck_unguarded' variable is not being changed when the last AI is killed. This is the case for both the enemy commander and hostage missions.

21 hours ago, Gristle said:

That block matches what I have. The action is available but does not function when the hostile AI are dead. It seems as though the 'blck_unguarded' variable is not being changed when the last AI is killed. This is the case for both the enemy commander and hostage missions.

That generally means there are still a few AI around. Have you checked using an admin tool? That said, it is always possible a new bug crept in there somehow.

28 minutes ago, Ghostrider-DBD said:

That generally means there are still a few AI around. Have you checked using an admin tool? That said, it is always possible a new bug crept in there somehow.

Yes, I checked the area using the AI ESP tool in Infistar and confirmed there are none remaining. I also ran into an instance where the hostage was killed but the mission did not fail - nor did it complete when I used the 'Free Hostage' action. It gave the message defined in /debug/blckClient.sqf to indicate there are still enemies alive.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:32 PM, Gristle said:

Yes, I checked the area using the AI ESP tool in Infistar and confirmed there are none remaining. I also ran into an instance where the hostage was killed but the mission did not fail - nor did it complete when I used the 'Free Hostage' action. It gave the message defined in /debug/blckClient.sqf to indicate there are still enemies alive.

ok thanks, i'll do some verification on 6.90 which I just pushed to the Master and make changes as needed.

EDIT: On a test server running the default configs I was able to complete the hostage and capture missions. Keep in mind you have to kill any AI in vehicles as well as infantry.

Edited by Ghostrider-DBD

On 5/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, Ghostrider-DBD said:

ok thanks, i'll do some verification on 6.90 which I just pushed to the Master and make changes as needed.

EDIT: On a test server running the default configs I was able to complete the hostage and capture missions. Keep in mind you have to kill any AI in vehicles as well as infantry.

I spent a few hours last night updating my install to the new files you uploaded. The hostage and capture missions are working properly now! I believe I happened across the issue while updating the files - in blck_defines.cpp I found a line that read 

#define blck_addCarParts (For Exile should you wish to use some of the advanced repair scripts).

This was disabled by default but I failed to comment out the parenthetical explanation after the define so it halted the file at that point.

Presently I do see a few more errors hitting my RPT -

Spoiler

19:52:38 Error in expression <fnc_scanForPlayersNearVehicles;
[] call GMS_fnc_cleanupTemporaryMarkers;
[] call>
19:52:38   Error position: <GMS_fnc_cleanupTemporaryMarkers;
[] call>
19:52:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: gms_fnc_cleanuptemporarymarkers
19:52:38 File q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functions\GMS_fnc_mainThread.sqf, line 37

Spoiler

19:41:39 Error in expression <leCrewCount = [_aiDifficultyLevel] call GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:41:39   Error position: <GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:41:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: gms_fnc_selectvehiclecrewcount
19:41:39 File q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Missions\GMS_fnc_missionSpawner.sqf, line 46

Spoiler

19:42:47 "[blckeagls Dynamic UMS] dynamicUMSspawner (34):: Initializing mission: _cords [3758.16,3774.14] : _markerClass Mafia Pirates514359 :  _aiDifficultyLevel red _markerMissionName Police Patrol"
19:42:47 Error in expression <leCrewCount = [_aiDifficultyLevel] call GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:42:47   Error position: <GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:42:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: gms_fnc_selectvehiclecrewcount
19:42:47 File q\addons\custom_server\Missions\UMS\code\GMS_fnc_spawnDynamicUMSMission.sqf, line 43

8 hours ago, Gristle said:

I spent a few hours last night updating my install to the new files you uploaded. The hostage and capture missions are working properly now! I believe I happened across the issue while updating the files - in blck_defines.cpp I found a line that read 

#define blck_addCarParts (For Exile should you wish to use some of the advanced repair scripts).

This was disabled by default but I failed to comment out the parenthetical explanation after the define so it halted the file at that point.

Presently I do see a few more errors hitting my RPT -

Hide contents

19:52:38 Error in expression <fnc_scanForPlayersNearVehicles;
[] call GMS_fnc_cleanupTemporaryMarkers;
[] call>
19:52:38   Error position: <GMS_fnc_cleanupTemporaryMarkers;
[] call>
19:52:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: gms_fnc_cleanuptemporarymarkers
19:52:38 File q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functions\GMS_fnc_mainThread.sqf, line 37

Hide contents

19:41:39 Error in expression <leCrewCount = [_aiDifficultyLevel] call GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:41:39   Error position: <GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:41:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: gms_fnc_selectvehiclecrewcount
19:41:39 File q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Missions\GMS_fnc_missionSpawner.sqf, line 46

Reveal hidden contents

19:42:47 "[blckeagls Dynamic UMS] dynamicUMSspawner (34):: Initializing mission: _cords [3758.16,3774.14] : _markerClass Mafia Pirates514359 :  _aiDifficultyLevel red _markerMissionName Police Patrol"
19:42:47 Error in expression <leCrewCount = [_aiDifficultyLevel] call GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:42:47   Error position: <GMS_fnc_selectVehicleCrewCount};

_objec>
19:42:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: gms_fnc_selectvehiclecrewcount
19:42:47 File q\addons\custom_server\Missions\UMS\code\GMS_fnc_spawnDynamicUMSMission.sqf, line 43

Thanks, I'll look into these during the week or next weekend.

Advertisement