Ghostrider-DBD

blckeagls Missions: Dynamic, Static, Highly Configurable, Mission Creation Tools Included.

105 posts in this topic

Is this the same mission system?

AI seems to just sit there and get shot.  Do you have another AI engine running on your system (ASR_AI or VCORE (I think that was it)) because it looks like it depends on the default AI logic from Arma, but I haven't finished looking through the code.

Awesome getting another mission system online though, it's always cool to have options, especially for HC setups.  Nice work.

Edited by Knocks

Thank yall for answering that question about the captive/hostage missions.  It was implied that they were working when it appears they are not.

Thanks!

:)

Advertisement

SOLVED BELOW - Left for others
This may be a silly question but there are 2 files in the config for example: 
blck_configs and blck_configs_mil, one is military and the other standard, which is the same for the other files such as blck_configs_exile and blck_configs_exile_mil which I understand but how do I see which one is actually used by my server or are they all used?

I have read the instructions a few times but for the life of me can't see anything obvious other than:

Lastly, settings for the missions themselves have been moved to @epochhive\custom_server\configs.
There are two different config files, one for exile and a second for epoch.
There is a third config file which you can use to add additional map-specific or mod-specific settings. 
For example, you might want only some missions to be running on a small map like Namalsk.

Update: Found it - Apologies 

You can define which addons you wish to load in ...\custom_server\MapAddons\MapAddons_init.sqf.

Edited by MrNeal

11 hours ago, MrNeal said:

SOLVED BELOW - Left for others
This may be a silly question but there are 2 files in the config for example: 
blck_configs and blck_configs_mil, one is military and the other standard, which is the same for the other files such as blck_configs_exile and blck_configs_exile_mil which I understand but how do I see which one is actually used by my server or are they all used?

I have read the instructions a few times but for the life of me can't see anything obvious other than:

Update: Found it - Apologies 

The mission system automatically detects whether you are running Exile or Epoch.

The militarized defaults add tanks, attack helis and such.

Enable / disable this option by commenting out or uncommenting this line.

//#define blck_milServer

12 hours ago, Knocks said:

Is this the same mission system?

AI seems to just sit there and get shot.  Do you have another AI engine running on your system (ASR_AI or VCORE (I think that was it)) because it looks like it depends on the default AI logic from Arma, but I haven't finished looking through the code.

Awesome getting another mission system online though, it's always cool to have options, especially for HC setups.  Nice work.

I dont run many missions these days but I recall that they do sit around a bit util you start shooting. On orange level missions they are pretty agressive about seeking and killing you. You can always ramp up the difficulty. If you look through the event handlers that deal with killed or damaged AI you will see that the group leader is given information about the location of the player responsible out to a specified distance. The distance and level of information are set in the configs as AlertDistance and Intelligence. The idea was that the group would get increasing amounts of intel as it took damage or casualties. Note that not just infantry but also vehicles are notified of the whereabouts of players engaging AI. On our servers, select AI will run or sneak up, flank, enter buildings, hide in the grass, and generally be a pain. Vehicles may roam some distance hunting players. Attack helis will patrol a fairly generous radius. Jets just raise havoc. Most of the AI response to this information relies on the ever improving built in arma AI logic. Note that there is a bit of code to check the location of units and groups and pull them back to the mission if the wander too far. I think that is more efficient that adding specific hunting scripts though there is value in that too. This has been built from the ground up and is independent of other mods. It does borrow some ideas and a few code snipets, acknowledged in the credits and appropriate files. The HC works great with one exception. Sometimes AI vehicles are not unlocked when the crew has been wiped out. The behaviors may not be as sophisticated as A3XAI or Sarge AI or other more script heavy packages but most people die fairly often completing these solo or in small groups.

Edited by Ghostrider-DBD
  • Thanks 1

Dear, Ghostrider-DBD. Your work is great. We use your system more then 3 months on our Tanoa and it work fine.
But I have a problem - your static missions dont have end.

In dynamic missions we find:

_endCondition = blck_missionEndCondition;  // Options are "allUnitsKilled", "playerNear", "allKilledOrPlayerNear"

and its work perfect

But where this line in static?

On 27.09.2018 at 12:16, [x] cit said

Дорогойгострайтера-ДБР. Ваша работа великолепна.Мы используем вашу систему больше чем 3 месяца на нашем Tanoa и она работает отлично.
Но у меня есть проблема-ваши статические миссии не имеют конца.

В динамичных миссиях мы находим

_endCondition= blck_missionEndCondition;  // варианты "allUnitsKilled", "playerNear", "allKilledOrPlayerNear

и его работа безупречна

Но где эта линия в статике?

you solved this problem??????

On 9/27/2018 at 6:42 AM, KyleGD said:

any eta on hostage/capture mission completion fix?

Easy fix!!!

In your mission file\debug\blckClient.sqf
Find GMS_fnc_addHostageActions and GMS_fnc_initHostage and where it says Epoch, change it to Exile

Edited by MGTDB
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

Легко исправить!!!

В файле вашей миссии \ debug\blckClient.секториальной
Найти GMS_fnc_addHostageActions и GMS_fnc_initHostage и где он говорит Epoch, изменить его на ссылку

Thank you!

• Like 3

Advertisement