Knocks

FuMS 0.420 - The Relaunch and Repair Project

58 posts in this topic

Hi all. I install new FUMS and its work. My errors was in zombies. When I completly switch off them - the new FUMS start ok.

I Have questions about some missions:
Exile toasts works, but they quickly closed, where I can edit toasts showing time?
What the comands Stay, EvacPoints, Board, Follow do? I see that command FLEE give a command to civils to run away - and after give me respect, but other commans?
UPD
 I read docs and found descriptions of  Stay, EvacPoints, Board, Follow. Its very interesting, may be examples usage?

Ans Q, where  I can do vehicles persistant for players to use code lock?

Edited by [x] cit
  • Like 1

Advertisement
Spoiler

14 hours ago, [x] cit said:

Hi all. I install new FUMS and its work. My errors was in zombies. When I completly switch off them - the new FUMS start ok.

I Have questions about some missions:
Exile toasts works, but they quickly closed, where I can edit toasts showing time?
What the comands Stay, EvacPoints, Board, Follow do? I see that command FLEE give a command to civils to run away - and after give me respect, but other commans?
UPD
 I read docs and found descriptions of  Stay, EvacPoints, Board, Follow. Its very interesting, may be examples usage?

Ans Q, where  I can do vehicles persistant for players to use code lock?

Commands for the Captives mission are explained in the Docs/Missionfile/ 9)    Misc Instructions/ xiv.    "Captured" :

Spoiler

Behavior:

a.    Flee: If within 200m of a rescue spot captive will run to that location. Otherwise it selects a random rescue spot from the list provided.  Unit sets CARELESS behavior and sprints to its destination.

b.    Stay: Unit will stop at its location and assume the stance of the player issuing the order.

c.    Follow: Unit will follow the player, mimicking his stance. If the player gets more than 250m away from the unit, the unit will resort to a 'Stay' behavior using the stance of the player at the time the unit loses him.

d.    Board: Captive will move to the closest non-AI controlled, operational (non-zero dmg) vehicle within 200m and board it.

e.    Evac Points: Temporarily shows the Captive's evac waypoints on the map. (30sec time out)

f.     Everyone Out!: Directs all captives aboard a vehicle to exit the vehicle and follow the player.

g.    Note: The captives are a little 'shell shocked' and will sometimes take a few seconds to respond to commands, but they will always acknowledge they heard the command via 'system chat'.

h.    Note: Captives that start a mission as 'cargo' in an AI vehicle will remain in the vehicle until it is disabled.

i.      Note: Captives assigned to follow an AI group will stop following that group when the group leader dies.

j.      Note: Captives remain 'neutral' to AI until directed to Flee.

As for the code lock making vehicles persistent is another script which has nothing to do with FuMS, but it can be used paralel to it:

Spoiler

And zombies do suffocate the server eventually, so atm the recommended setting for them is off, until someone figure out a fix for it.

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thx. I read it.
Can you show me is those lines in captive mission correct?

[
	[
      //Define all the triggers this mission will be using
	  // Trigger names must be unique within each mission.
	  // NOTE: "FuMS_KillMe" is a reserved trigger word. Do not use!!!
	  // NOTE: "OK" is a reserved trigger. Do not define it here.
	  //  "OK" can be used in the actions section to force an action to occur at mission start!	 
	//  ["PROX",["ProxPlayer",[0,0],10,1]  ],
	  ["LUCNT",["LowUnitCount","EAST",3,0,[0,0]]  ],
	  ["LowCaptive", ["LowUnitCount","CAPTIVE",0,0,[0,0]] ],
	//  ["HUCNT",["HighUnitCount","GUER",6,0,[0,0]] ],
	//  ["Detect",["Detected","ALL","ALL"] ],
	//  ["BodyCount",["BodyCount",3] ],
	 // ["Timer",["TIMER", 1800] ],
	  //                            offset      radius    time(s)  Name
	//  ["Zuppa", ["ZuppaCapture",[ [ [-100,-100], 50,         90,  "Point 1" ],
    //                            [ [100,100],   50,         90,  "Point 2" ]   ]]  ],
    //   ["VehDmg1", ["DmgVehicles", "1",0.8]  ],
    //   ["BldgDmg1",["DmgBuildings","2,3,7",1.0]  ],
       ["Captive1", ["Captive", 7]  ]

],
	[
	  // Define what actions should occur when above trigger logics evaluate to true
	   // Note: a comma between two logics is interpreted as "AND"
	  [["WIN"],["Captive1"     ]],  
        [["CHILD",["Help_Helo",[0,0],3,120]],["LUCNT"     ]],  
	  [["LOSE"],["LowCaptive"]   ],
      [["END"],["LowCaptive","OR","Captive1"     ]]  
	]

]

In all situations my mission finished as lose ^-(

You can compare it to the github files posted on first page.

If you are using FLEE command, the second you used it on a captive, it is no longer neutral to other AIs ( Note: Captives remain 'neutral' to AI until directed to Flee. ), so if they run into some reinforcements (for example from Help_Helo child mission) on their way to freedom, they get shot by the other hostile AI's and die, and that can make mission failed as defined in spoiler below:

Spoiler

[["LOSE"],["LowCaptive"]   ],

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeahh. I understand. And it works - thank you.
May be you know, Exile toasts works, but they quickly closed, where I can edit toasts showing time?

you would need to override the default toasts display time (which would affect all toasts, not only FuMS ones) as described in Toasts topic on page 2:

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, Brenner said:

you would need to override the default toasts display time (which would affect all toasts, not only FuMS ones) as described in Toasts topic on page 2:

Hide contents

Another toasts (DMS, ZCP, Exile) works well, only FUMS toasts shows very quick. So this timer is in FUMS code?

Like I said, this timer is a part of Exile mod, not FuMS, but it is possible that on Themes start (since all missions are loaded one right after another) that some toasts get "pushed out" by new toasts (at least I hope that is what you mean).

DMS and ZCP are not loading all missions at once like FuMS, but have a delay after each mission spawns, so it appears that toasts last longer, but instead they last as predefined, while the FuMS ones on mission loading get pushed out by new spawning missions toasts, or at least I think so :)

• Like 1

Advertisement