Knocks

FuMS 0.420 - The Relaunch and Repair Project

81 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Knocks said:

I fixed it in my dev build, do you want to see if you can figure it out or you want me to tell you?

I understand the basics of it, but can hardly apply it in practice :D

And I am not in a rush, and can wait for the next release to get the fix, but maybe the solution could help someone else in fixing similar issues ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brenner said:

I understand the basics of it, but can hardly apply it in practice :D

And I am not in a rush, and can wait for the next release to get the fix, but maybe the solution could help someone else in fixing similar issues ;)

No worries.  Here is how to fix it using the current code in FuMS\HC\Val\Util\VerifyLocation.sqf

Change line 18 to look like this: (Notice the curly brackets)

Spoiler

if (TypeName _loc == "ARRAY" and {TypeName (_loc select 0) == "ARRAY" }) exitWith{};

The problem is when the compiler evaluates the statement, it tries to calculate both sides at once.  However, if the second statement relies on the first being true, this will throw the error you see.  You need to use "lazy evaluation" so that it only checks the second condition if the first is true.

In the first code I wrote, if the _loc variable wasn't an array, there is no way to check the second statement since it needs to be an array.  Using the curly brackets tells the system to evaluate the conditions one at a time, so you just have to put them in the right order.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement

I found out that it became very difficult to kill all machine-gunners on stationary MG, as if a bullet passes through it without causing damage, only with the tenth shot in the head with M107 can the result be achieved.  And so on multiple systems, DMS, A3XAI.

• Like 1

@DENA77 if you hit MG (torso part), AI suffers little, or no damage (sometimes you can even see bullet as it bounces off the MG).
Best is to aim for the head or the legs.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2019 at 1:42 AM, Brenner said:

@DENA77 if you hit MG (torso part), AI suffers little, or no damage (sometimes you can even see bullet as it bounces off the MG).
Best is to aim for the head or the legs.

Yes, I know, they are so hard to kill but not like in my case. And it looks like the matter is not at all in FUMS, so far I don’t understand at all what could be wrong. An example in the video, and so all MGs behave.  

Spoiler

• Like 1

Spoiler

11 hours ago, DENA77 said:

Yes, I know, they are so hard to kill but not like in my case. And it looks like the matter is not at all in FUMS, so far I don’t understand at all what could be wrong. An example in the video, and so all MGs behave.  

Hide contents

I can verify that this is not FuMS issue, because such things don't happen on my FuMS server. With a good weapon and with a good shot you can one shot them easily.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DENA77 said:

Hide contents

Yeah that looks like damage has been turned off for that AI, or maybe the vehicle.  Is this a mission vehicle?

12 hours ago, Brenner said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can verify that this is not FuMS issue, because such things don't happen on my FuMS server. With a good weapon and with a good shot you can one shot them easily.

Yeah I’ve seen some crazy shit but nothing like that.

FYI.  DEV build has been posted on GitHub on the DEV branch.  There is a client side part of the add on but it’s 99% playable and ready for large scale testing, I just need some clean up code for the entities.  If you want to try it out, let me know and we can walk through it.

Check me out in the Discord channel for the DEV info and we’ll walk through it there.  Very simple install.

Edited by Knocks

Advertisement