Sign in to follow this  
Vondu

Deploy Jet Ski script

Question

Hello everyone!

I am new to scripting for arma / exile but I am a programmer so I understand the basic functions and coding.  I installed ExAd and everything works great by the way.  Thanks to all in the community that contributed to this.

The question or problem I am having is this:

I copied the ExAd Deploy Quad script and modified it to spawn a Jet Ski.  The script checks if player is in water using surfaceiswater.  Everything works great, it denies if they are on land and deploys the Exile_Boat_Waterscooter that I defined and removes the extension cord from inventory etc. The part that is buggy is, how it spawns it.  With the quad it spawns just a bit off the ground and it drops in, but with the Jet Ski, it spawns level with the surface.  If I remove the surfaceiswater requirement it doesn't drop in like the quad it spawns right on top of the ground.  When doing this in the water it spawns under the water and goes all wonky and has potential to kill my players and or harm them or shoots off into the deep blue.

My thought process is that it is something with the model I have chosen to spawn or there is a place for me to modify how it spawns like distance above surface or something.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

The section that controls the X Y Z cords for the vehicle being spawned are located in the server side coding for ExAd. exad_dv >> Functions >> fn_spawnDeployableVehicle and should be line 23 _spawnPos = _player modelToWorld [0,4,0];

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beowulfv said:

The section that controls the X Y Z cords for the vehicle being spawned are located in the server side coding for ExAd. exad_dv >> Functions >> fn_spawnDeployableVehicle and should be line 23 _spawnPos = _player modelToWorld [0,4,0];

Awesome!   I will check that out and make adjustments.

Advertisement