Sign in to follow this  
MickScandalous

Updating Mods automatically

Question

1st off everyone has been super helpful tome on this forum and I really appreciate it. Now that i have an operational server with all the optimizations I could want I was was wondering if anyone has a way that tells you when a mod updates on A3 launcher so you can update it on your server as soon as possible.  Do most people just wait for them or is there some kind of watch list I can create to alert me?

4 answers to this question

i know with steam workshop you can create a .bat file to check for and apply updates either manually, or automatically if combined with your start up .bat

as for A3 launcher, i have no idea, i dont use it as i only use mods that are on the steam workshop

• Like 1

Hello @MickScandalous,

I agree with @dekela.  I use Bohemia's launcher because IT WORKS 100% of the time.  A3 is DEPENDENT on a PERSON TO KEEP IT UP AND RUNNING.  What happens when they get tired of it?  Die?  Then what?

BUT, what @dekela stated IS TRUE.  You could use the batch file to update the Steam apps, which the majority use.  This would be better than nothing.

:)

Advertisement
16 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @MickScandalous,

I agree with @dekela.  I use Bohemia's launcher because IT WORKS 100% of the time.  A3 is DEPENDENT on a PERSON TO KEEP IT UP AND RUNNING.  What happens when they get tired of it?  Die?  Then what?

BUT, what @dekela stated IS TRUE.  You could use the batch file to update the Steam apps, which the majority use.  This would be better than nothing.

:)

21 hours ago, dekela said:

i know with steam workshop you can create a .bat file to check for and apply updates either manually, or automatically if combined with your start up .bat

as for A3 launcher, i have no idea, i dont use it as i only use mods that are on the steam workshop

Thank you for the replies, I will look into trying that. 

Advertisement