Sign in to follow this  
Killerdog200

Problems with doors(cant open it)

Question

13 answers to this question

Hello @Killerdog200,

There are four things that come to mind:

#1 - There is a major lag in the DB <-> Exile.  Such as the game being on a server in the USA and the DB is in the UK.  A 'DB lag' can cause this.

#2 - There is at least one map where the doors ARE LOCKED.  I can not remember the name, but it is a 'middle east' styled map.  I think that there are actually a few of these types of maps.

#3 - You/the mission creator placed these buildings but did improperly.  Such as making the doors where they can 'never' be unlocked.

#4 - You/the mission creator screwed up the mission some how.

Easy test?  Build a EXILE house with EXILE parts ONLY.  See if the door works.  If it does NOT, then #1 is most likely the problem.  If it DOES work, then #2 -> #4 is most likely the problem.

:)

@Z80CPU

thank you for you fast awnser i got befor also a server i i got the same problem

Map ChernarusRedux

#3 - You/the mission creator placed these buildings but did improperly.  Such as making the doors where they can 'never' be unlocked.

how i can change it? and the secon screen with the buildig i dont see it in the editor is a pbo out of the internet.and i tryt it with the

mission.sqm

Edited by Killerdog200

Advertisement

Well...off the top of my head, it is because the 'lock/unlock' is part of EXILE, NOT ARMA.  Thus, the mission is NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY with Exile.

This is the issue.  Exile does not know that those 'objects' are doors and as such, it will not unlock them.

YOU need to add those 'non-standard' doors to Exile's files.

If YOU did thru the code, you can find where to add them to.  Hint - Search your server AND client files for the DEFAULT ARMA door names.  This will be where you will need to add the 'new' door names.

So the 'answer' is #4 - Screwed up mission file.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, Killerdog200 said:

@Z80CPU

where i can change this? i hope you can help me

(do you think its gonna work when i add Extendet base mod)

Edited by Killerdog200

@Killerdog200 - I did tell you!  ;)

AGAIN - Hint - Search your server AND client files for the DEFAULT ARMA door names

This is EXACTLY what I would have to do.  In other words, I told you all I know and what I did tell you IS THE ANSWER.

For the THIRD TIME:

Hint - Search your server AND client files for the DEFAULT ARMA door names

This is EXACTLY what I would have to do.  In other words, I told you all I know and what I did tell you IS THE ANSWER.

If you do not know how to search text files and/or get ARMA class names for things, you REALLY do not need to be setting up a server.  This is the TRUTH.  It is NOT meant to be mean, though at times, the truth will hurt.  It does not change the TRUTH though.

What I have told you to do is REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE.  And if you're struggling with this simple task, nothing but trouble awaits you.  An ARMA server is NOT 'plug-n-play' and this is what you think it is (based on your original question).  It REQUIRES knowledge in how ARMA works, the naming/using of objects, and ARMA scripting at a minimum.  This is NOT an 'Exile' thing.  ANY mod for ARMA will have these SAME requirements.

An ARMA server is NOT for 'beginners' nor 'novices'.

I have told you the answer now for 3 times and this is EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!

I can do no more for you.

Sorry!

:(

Those doors work fine in default exile without adding the names to any files, its looks more like a simulation error.  Have you had this problem from the beginning or has it happened recently after adding anything?

On 11/8/2018 at 3:19 PM, Z80CPU said:

Well...off the top of my head, it is because the 'lock/unlock' is part of EXILE, NOT ARMA.  Thus, the mission is NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY with Exile.

This is the issue.  Exile does not know that those 'objects' are doors and as such, it will not unlock them.

YOU need to add those 'non-standard' doors to Exile's files.

If YOU did thru the code, you can find where to add them to.  Hint - Search your server AND client files for the DEFAULT ARMA door names.  This will be where you will need to add the 'new' door names.

So the 'answer' is #4 - Screwed up mission file.

Wrong, Locking / unlocking is part of Arma.

Advertisement