Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Smash

A3XAi and safe zones

21 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

Would changing the a & b in this make the safe zone smaller and also change it for ai?

I believe the answer to this question is yes. I'm not in front of my computer to check at the moment but it looks like the right one to change. Also yes it will change the safezone size as a whole for everyone.

13 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

Does the line "_locationSize = ((size _noAggroArea) select 0) + 300;" effect god mode safe zone size for ai?

My understanding of that code is that it puts the AI into a "non aggressive" stance on a 300M range around the SZ center position. I've seen this myself where I had an AI vehicle stopped about 250M outside my SZ and I was able to walk right up to them and they ignored me. They only opened fire when I started shooting at them. They don't actively avoid the area from what I understand though.

1 hour ago, Riker2335 said:

I believe the answer to this question is yes. I'm not in front of my computer to check at the moment but it looks like the right one to change. Also yes it will change the safezone size as a whole for everyone.

My understanding of that code is that it puts the AI into a "non aggressive" stance on a 300M range around the SZ center position. I've seen this myself where I had an AI vehicle stopped about 250M outside my SZ and I was able to walk right up to them and they ignored me. They only opened fire when I started shooting at them. They don't actively avoid the area from what I understand though.

ok thanks

• Like 1

Advertisement

Right changing the no aggro did nothing, so gonna try safe zone marker size for now, then gotta try and fix fuel and water sources for refilling jerry and dirty water cans on winter chernarus lol

Edited by Sgt Smash

So turns out changing the safe zone size has no effect on the ai's safe zone, only the players :-(

Edited by Sgt Smash

Well that sucks :(

The only other thing I can think of is whether A3XAI can be modified to use the AI Monitor to regularly check for AI god mode and remove it?  I have no idea how to do that though, not even sure if it can be done. How good are you at coding?  If you're anything like me you may need to reach out to Kuplion to see if he has any ideas.

• Thanks 1

I tried making the safe zone bigger to roughly match the size of Ai safe zone, it seems to have matched them entering distance of safe zone, but it seems they have bigger distance when exiting a safe zone. hope this may shed any light for a fix or where to find the right bit of code to adjust this.

7 hours ago, Razor77 said:

Have you tried black listing your safezone areas in the A3XAI config.

http://a3xai.wikia.com/wiki/A3XAI_Editor_Tool

Thanks for the reply

I had thought about it until i see it said this

Spoiler

Blacklisted areas allow the user to specify areas of the map that are off-limits to Dynamic and Random AI spawning.

Note that blacklist areas do not:

• Prevent static AI from spawning in the area (AI in named locations). To block static AI, add name of blocked location to staticBlacklistLocations in config.cpp
  • Prevent AI from engaging players in the area
  • Prevent AI movement or pathing into the area

• Like 1

I am also using Kuplion's version of A3XAi. Is this god mod problem something that varies from server to server whether or not it will actually happen. I have yet to experience this problem myself, Im just trying to be more proactive if it is a required fix. Also can anyone point me in the right direction on how to add inventory loadouts to the roaming AI vics. 

Thanks

Advertisement