Sign in to follow this  
feak

little help pls

6 posts in this topic

hey guys so i have some of these hangars on my server but someone keeps closing them i wouldnt mind but i use them for my main trader. i remember once someone told me you could bind ur use action key to be able to do this but this was some time ago and i cant remember. does anyone no how or what key this is? thanks.

107410_screenshots_20170224214303_1.jpg

If you're trying to keep them open at traders you can edit this in the Editor when placing them. Remove animation and then set the doors to open and export the objects.

Advertisement

The key bind is the same as your open and closing for other doors or your interaction with other objects. There is a scroll wheel function that gives the option, then the player is just selecting the option to close.

Edited by Beowulfv

Hello @feak,

To put it in plain terms, every object has a list of 'things' that object can do.  In your case, one of them is to open/close the doors.

So when you walk up to it, ARMA sees what things that object can do!  BAM!  It can open/close doors, so ARMA shows this function.

Now, you CAN do what you're seeking, but this is SO MUCH harder than some other way.  You place the object down, and if memory serves me well, you DISABLE the dynamic part and make it a STATIC object.  This SHOULD remove the 'door' function.  This is found under the object's properties.

Now, while I may not be 100% correct on the TERM,  the method IS valid.  If you have Exile default traders around, you can see what property was 'turned off' on that object.  This is why you can look at a gun on a desk, but you can NOT interact with it BUT LOOK AT IT!  ;)

THIS is the way to go!

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement