Sign in to follow this  
Snajperitto

hidden Traders

Question

Hi guys!

Im trying to learn how to set up server and everything on it. I Started up server with Takistan map, i found mission file .pbo for takistan in one topic.
I unpacked it with pbo manager and put mission.sqm to arma 3d editor to see what is in there. Problem is that when i join server with loaded .pbo i see working traders but in 3d editor - i see only marks at map - dont see any traders - map is empty. Why?

Could somebody help with that? I spent lot of h watching youtube tutorials but have few problems - like this up.

8 answers to this question

Because traders are listed in the configs. Mission.Sqm just "knows" the Infos about the MAP. not about traders, prices, vehicles used, gear or something like that. That is all in the Configs. Most important one is Config.CPP

• Like 1

Hello @Snajperitto,

What @GrimReapaa stated is true.  To make it a little easier to understand:

The 'world' you see when joining an Exile server is made up of MANY parts.  As @GrimReapaa stated, the two 'biggest' ones are the map itself and the Config.CPP.

The map JUST has items such as added houses, signs, map markers, etc.  And the config file will tell ARMA what others items need to be placed.

TECHNICALLY, you could have a BLANK MAP and use nothing but config files to load EVERYTHING.  It would be 'extra work' to do such though and a 'nightmare' to move stuff around if not placed correctly the first time.

As a 'helpful hint', I would recommend you start with the DEFAULT map/files.  Set that up and get it WORKING 100%, as in getting to understand what you must do, should do, or can do.  And most important;y, what you must NOT do.  Once you 'mastered' that, THEN use other maps.

The default maps are pretty much 'plug-n-play', non-standard maps can require you to do EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH.  And based on your post, starting with a 'non Exile' map probably will not be the best choice for you.

To put it simply; if you can not add 2 + 2, you will struggle with Algebra.

:)

• Like 2

Advertisement
10 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

with a 'non Exile' map probably will not be the best choice for you.

I guess you thought faster than you typed xD

I will delete my comment.

As im new to the forum, i dont know how to Pn :P

@GrimReapaa -

hahaha....well I am not too sure if I understand what you meant...but I will go with what I think you meant...  ;)

What I meant by 'non Exile' map is ANY map that is NOT 'set up' by the Exile team in the Exile Server Download Package.  Maps such as Altis and Malden have been 'set up' by the dev team(s).  Napf has not been and that would be a 'non Exile map' to ME.  I will state, I could have made that point a tad clearer and easier to understand...

Thanks for pointing that out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

@GrimReapaa -

hahaha....well I am not too sure if I understand what you meant...but I will go with what I think you meant...  ;)

What I meant by 'non Exile' map is ANY map that is NOT 'set up' by the Exile team in the Exile Server Download Package.  Maps such as Altis and Malden have been 'set up' by the dev team(s).  Napf has not been and that would be a 'non Exile map' to ME.  I will state, I could have made that point a tad clearer and easier to understand...

Thanks for pointing that out!

Hahahaha Thamks Bro :D

• Like 1

Thank you so much guys ;) I just think best way to learn - its being dropped to deep water ;P

Anyway i so much love Takistan map, so this is why i was trying to set up exile server in this map. Just actually need somebody who know how to do it and can learn me a little bit ;)

I'm not sure if things have changed but I seem to recall that Takistan is one of the hardest maps to build traders on due to a fault with the conversion of the map from ARMA 2 to ARMA 3. Can anyone confirm this?

I actually got traders on server in takistan map. Problem is that - i want to change positions, but totally idk how to do that. Maybe i should somekind open all PBO file in 3d editor - but idk how.

Advertisement