kuplion

[RELEASE] Use DLC vehicles without the DLC.

44 posts in this topic

Lmfao, people kicking off :D
BI are stupid enough too add the commands to move people into vehicles and try and make people pay. If they send me an email asking me to remove it, i'll tell them where they can go. 

• Like 3

@Z80CPUBetter get reporting Exile Mod to Bohemia then 9_9

When you buy a non-owned DLC vehicle from Exile vehicle trader it puts you in the driving seat.
When you buy a non-owned DLC weapon from Exile armory trader it puts it in your hands.
When you use take all if there is a non-owned DLC weapon in loot, it allows you to pick it up into your hands.

All @kuplion's script allows you to do is to re-enter that vehicle.
In previous versions of Arma, using that specific DLC item wasn't restricted, you just got the low-res models. On purchasing the DLC you unlocked the hi-res models.

Whilst you're at it, better report Bohemia for sexism/gender equality of not having female characters in a video game and using sexist commands such as
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#GetInMan
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#GetOutMan
xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Advertisement

I guess most of you are blind or so 'full of yourself' that you did not read the line shown below.

So for those who 'missed it', here it is again:

"You have an issue with this?  CONTACT BOHEMIA, NOT ME!  Their email address is in the posted email image."

And @aussie battler, you might want to re-read what was stated AGAIN:  "...so for now we tolerate it...".  I did NOT see where it was 'OK'.  Rather, they OBJECT TO IT.  This is PROVEN by further statements in that email.

To wit:

"That being said we also do not think it is appropriate to put this kind of scripts on Armaholic website even if we have relaxed stance towards its use. We will contact Armaholic and ask them to remove it from their website."

Hmmm...if it is SO LEGAL...why did their ATTORNEYS DEMANDING THE REMOVAL AND IT WAS DONE???

You people have ZERO KNOWLEDGE of copyright laws.  I, on other hand DO.  I was a software designer for a career for about 15+ years and I have 500+ copyrights to my name.  I have also brought legal action against multinational corporations (2) for violations of the copyrighted pieces.  You people are nothing but a bunch of "crying wanna-bee's" who think they know everything.  Sorry, you are WRONG on this.  The LAW backs me up and so does Bohemia.  You see, I live in the REAL WORLD.  I do not live in front a some game playing it all the time.

If you circumvent copyright protection to use a product, IT IS ILLEGAL.

For you 'arm chair lawyers', HERE IS THE ACTUAL LAW!  IT IS PLAIN TO SEE!

United States:

Link To Actual Law HERE

17 U.S. Code § 1201 - Circumvention of copyright protection systems

(a)Violations Regarding Circumvention of Technological Measures.—
(1)
(A) No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title. The prohibition contained in the preceding sentence shall take effect at the end of the 2-year period beginning on the date of the enactment of this chapter.

EU:

Link To Actual Law HERE

Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society

This directive states in article 6, 'Obligations as to technological measures':

Member States shall provide adequate legal protection against the circumvention of any effective technological measures, which the person concerned carries out in the knowledge, or with reasonable grounds to know, that he or she is pursuing that objective.

But what is TRULY sad, that it is CLEAR that the OWNER feels that this is wrong.  AND YOU DO NOT CARE!  You are DEFENDING THE HURTING OTHERS! 

You 'crooked' logic goes like this:

"It is a crime to go thru a front door and steal.  So you go thru the BACK door and steal.  You think it is ok."

Every single one of you should examine your moral compass for it is non-existent.  And for any of you who 'claim' to be Christian, I am SURE that Jesus would approve 100% of this behavior too!

The CORRECT thought process SHOULD BE:

I would ask myself:  “Did I pay for this?  NO.  Am I using anyway?  YES.  Therefore I am a THIEF”.

Good and decent folk was say this and NOT steal.  Thieves always try to defend their actions as well as 'justify them'.  "Oh, I did not steal thru the front door, I went thru the BACK DOOR!"

Did you PAY to use those vehicles?  NO!  YOU ARE THIEF!

So ONCE MORE FOR YOUR HARD-HEADED PEOPLE:  "You have an issue with this?  CONTACT BOHEMIA, NOT ME!  Their email address is in the posted email image."

Good Day.

1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

I guess most of you are blind or so 'full of yourself' that you did not read the line shown below.

So for those who 'missed it', here it is again:

"You have an issue with this?  CONTACT BOHEMIA, NOT ME!  Their email address is in the posted email image."

Unfortunately you don't get to weigh in on a discussion, attempt to rock the boat and then bow out. I suggest that if you don't have anything constructive to say in future, don't say anything. Once too often do you impose yourself on a discussion here on the forums, add very little to said discussion, and then try to take the high road and leave.

@Z80CPU You're a mong <-- see that's added more to the conversation than you have in paragraphs 

Edited by Shix
  • Haha 1

@Shix - Thank you!  Criminals despise the police because they hold them accountable.  You assigning that name to me, which in all truth, I did like!  :)  I have never seen nor heard it used before...kook word!  :)  It only confirms that I am correct.  What I stated is moral and legally backed-up.  And @Shix, my comment(s) to you ARE 100% legit, I DO appreciate you sharing that word with me!  I am sadden with your unfounded and nonfactual opinion though.  I mean your only 'argument' was to NAME CALLREALLY?  This behavior would make one wonder how old you are and that's the BEST YOU CAN DO???  No facts?  No truths?  Just NAME CALL?  Shame on you!  :(

@kuplion - I take the 'high road'?  Yes I do.  I stick to FACTS NOT OPINIONS like so many will do.  Notice, how NOBODY has shown PROOF of what they have said is RIGHTNO ONE.  I, provided the ACTUAL LAW and BOHEMIA's position itBOTH which disagree with EVERYBODY's 'view'.

And @kuplion, you should be simply ecstatic too!  The LAST TIME you commented about people STEALING other people's works, you COMPLAINED that I 'only quoted US law'.

To wit:  "Ah yes, because the whole world uses American law because Amercia is the whole world. Stop with that shit."

Entire Post Chain HERE

So you should BE SO HAPPY!  This time I quoted the law from the USA AND THE EU!  What is your 'complaint' NOW?  Strange though, how BOTH SAY IT IS WRONG AND ILLEGAL!

You see, this is NOT MY FIRST TIME TO CALL OUT STEALING ON THIS SITE!  And what was the OP's question?  "I have all custom placed map content loaded on the server so no one can steal it"  You know, COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS, or just plain STEALING.  Of course even though HE STATED IT WAS HIS, you did NOT have a problem with people stealing it!  And the POSTS SHOW THIS!  And now?  Whoops...as the old saying goes; 'History repeats itself' or 'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'.  And look at how you have responded.  Oh, one COULD question this case, what about the one I listed from that guy?  NO WAYHe STATED CLEARLY he CREATED IT AND OWNED IT and was concerned about it being stolen.  Tell me @kuplion, what 'gems' and/or 'words of wisdom' did YOU ADD?  I saw NONE!  Yet, you have the GAUL to 'suggest' to me "...if you don't have anything constructive to say in future, don't say anything...".  Why does that NOT APPLY TO YOU TOO???  That reminds me of another saying 'What is good for the goose, is good for the gander', or 'Turnabout is fair play'.  It would appear you're being a straight up hypocrite.  You 'suggest' that I do 'xyz' yet YOU DO NOT DO IT.  Tell you what, I would 'suggest' you PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH;)

And 'add value'?  Hmmm...I added:

#1 - The TRUTH

#2 - The LAW

#3 - Bohemia's Position

I KNOW I ADDED VALUE!  It is surely more than any of you have done!  Name calling, lies, and other despicable things is all you have done!

And I take GREAT OFFENSE TO YOU LIBEL REMARK TOO @kuplion!  If we look JUST AT THE STATS ALONE, you purported statement 'Once too often do you impose yourself on a discussion here on the forums', does not 'hold water'.  Tell me this then, if I was SO HORRIBLE, why do I have a higher 'Like' count than you?  WHY?  The FACTS CLEARLY do NOT support your 'remark'. As I do have respect for you, I will assume that this was 'in error/said out of anger' and think no more of it. :)

And 'leaving by taking the high road'?  No.  I know it may seem that way, that is not what it is.  I state facts and if someone feelings get hurt by THE TRUTH or wishes to argue how robbing a bank is 'ok', well, I shall not engage in such.  You see, and you CAN find this in my posts, though not all, I live by a 'different code' that all have 'chimed in' on showing their 'utter disgust in', do.

#1 - Bohemia did NOT want this to be used for FREE, thus why would they SELL IT?

#2 - Are you (or someone) using it without paying for it?

#3 - If one answers YES, then that person is STEALING which makes them a THIEF.

Now, in this country (USA), and in other parts of the world, is going to 'down the drain'.  For those who are not 'up on the news' or live in other places, several states here have made it LEGAL TO MURDER BABIES!  (...allow for a late-term and partial-birth abortion...) We also have members of our government pushing a LAW that would PAY PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO WORK BUT ABLE TO WORK! (...Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal offers 'economic security' for those 'unwilling to work'...).  So when you wish to 'LECTURE ME ON MORALS', one must ask where and what are YOUR morals are based.  The WORLD's morals are PURE EVIL.  Murdering an innocent baby because 'you do not want it' AFTER IT IS BORN???  Then again, these 'people' are in the SAME AGE GROUP as most of you.

I take my moral stance and foundation from the Word of God.  I am a Christian and taking ANYTHING that is NOT MINE IS STEALING PERIODThose that STEAL ARE THIEVES PERIOD.

'Stealing' is defined as:  take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.   @kuplion, did you ASK BOHEMIA for PERMISSION TO DO SUCH?  I bet you did NOT!  I mean, IT IS THEIR PROPERTY, NOT YOURS!

A 'thief' is defined as:  a person who steals another person's property, especially by stealth and without using force or violence.

So, I have used 'steal, stealing, and thief' PROPERLY AS DEFINED BY THE DICTIONARY AND BY THE LAW.

Why 'do I take the high road' as you stated?  Hmmmm...

#1 - I state FACTS and I need to say NO MORE.  The TRUTH says it all.  Only a FOOL argues against the TRUTH.

#2 - 'Leaving on a high road"  NOPE!  God says:

Proverbs 29:9 -
There’s no use arguing with a fool. He only rages and scoffs, and tempers flare.

Proverbs 26:4 -
Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.

Proverbs 1:7 -
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 15:2 -
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.

I leave because IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

And what 'crime' have I ACTUALLY committed?   Calling people, who the LAW and the moral code of God condemn as a thief?  That is my crime?  REALLY???  Which NO ONE CAN DISPEL?

And then to NAME CALL me???  Sadly ALL of your posts are OPINIONS.  Mine are FACTUAL.  I would HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT ALL OF YOU LEARN HOW TO DEBATEEVERY single one of your responses fall under what is called 'Logical Fallacies'.  All you did was to name call, tell me 'how wrong I am' , and other garbage.  Yet ABSOLUTELY ZERO EVIDENCE to back up ANYTHING YOU 'spouted'!  That ALONE speaks volumes of the STRENGTH TO MY POINTS AND TO THE WEAKNESS OF YOURS!

Persecuting me for doing what is right?  I am sooo sadden by that!  Rather I REJOICE IN IT!

Jesus said concerning such:

Matthew 5:10 -
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

John 15:18 -
If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.  (And for you who do not know, Jesus was MURDERED because he was an INNOCENT Man).

So, against my better judgement, I answered your two posts.  I shall no longer.  Bash me all you want and I am sure you will!  Because you have to!  It will change nothing.

I have listed FACTUAL EVIDENCE and you have listed NONE.  And as I stated, my moral, ethical, and values are Christian based.  No Christian would EVER JUSTIFY STEALING.  No, not FAKE Christians, REAL Christians.  Oh, you THINK you are?  Hmm...and what does the Good Book say about that?

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

And MANY = MAJORITY.  In other words MOST who THINK they are Christian ARE NOT.

Before I shall take my leave, be it known, that I have no anger nor hatred towards any of you.  :)  You think one way and have said it, I think another and I have said it.  Thus, there is NO NEED for anymore responses.  But I feel some will live up to Plato's thoughts as listed below (#3)!  You know, cuz they HAVE TO!  hahahaahahaha

I shall leave you with some words of wisdom, though, I wonder if it will 'reach 'anyone, as Jesus said:

Matthew 7:6 - Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.
Benjamin Franklin

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Plato

With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone.
Buddha

Prejudices are what fools use for reason.
Voltaire

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
Albert Einstein

:)

8 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

I mean your only 'argument' was to NAME CALLREALLY?  This behavior would make one wonder how old you are and that's the BEST YOU CAN DO???  No facts?  No truths?  Just NAME CALL?  Shame on you!  :(

14 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

I guess most of you are blind or so 'full of yourself'

For you 'arm chair lawyers'

YOU ARE THIEF!

Only a FOOL argues against the TRUTH.

Let's not start accusing people of resorting to name calling when you're as guilty as everyone else, eh?

Notice, how NOBODY has shown PROOF of what they have said is RIGHTNO ONE.  I, provided the ACTUAL LAW and BOHEMIA's position itBOTH which disagree with EVERYBODY's 'view'.

On 2/10/2019 at 11:57 PM, kuplion said:

EDIT: BI official stance, as per Kartinator available on their own forums (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/168455-mrb-arma-3-kartinator/):

image.png

On 2/11/2019 at 12:42 AM, aussie battler said:

@Z80CPU Your argument is already answered by the email you posted from Bohemia's legal department.

"We consider this script to be a grey area in our rules so for now we tolerate it".

Oh look, BI's official stance on it. They tolerate it. And they allow one such addon to be available via their own forums..

And I take GREAT OFFENSE TO YOU LIBEL REMARK TOO @kuplion!  If we look JUST AT THE STATS ALONE, you purported statement 'Once too often do you impose yourself on a discussion here on the forums', does not 'hold water'.  Tell me this then, if I was SO HORRIBLE, why do I have a higher 'Like' count than you?  WHY?  The FACTS CLEARLY do NOT support your 'remark'. As I do have respect for you, I will assume that this was 'in error/said out of anger' and think no more of it. :)

That wasn't an error, no. But I'll assume yours was..

image.png

image.png

You see those little green numbers? That's community reputation. Now if you look closely you'll see how one number is bigger than the other, that's because it's a higher number. So tell me again, who has the higher community reputation? I'll wait..

No Christian would EVER JUSTIFY STEALING.  No, not FAKE Christians, REAL Christians.  Oh, you THINK you are?  Hmm...and what does the Good Book say about that?

Thankfully not all of us are Christian. The world is a real diverse place and many many different people believe in and follow many many different religions. And did you know, some people don't actually believe in anything, and that's ok too!

Now, in this country (USA), and in other parts of the world, is going to 'down the drain'.  For those who are not 'up on the news' or live in other places, several states here have made it LEGAL TO MURDER BABIES!  (...allow for a late-term and partial-birth abortion...) We also have members of our government pushing a LAW that would PAY PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO WORK BUT ABLE TO WORK!

This adds zero to your argument, but perfectly demonstrates your overarching mindset towards other people, so thank you for that. Thankfully though, where I live women have the choice over what happens inside their bodies! What a time to be alive!!

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Plato

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
Albert Einstein

Great quotes. I haven't checked their legitimacy but I don't really need to when they already so perfectly encapsulate your own input into this discussion, and into the forums at large.

I feel it's important to also show you that the method used in this addon to allow access is also used within Exile by default when a player purchases a vehicle, whether they have the DLC or not:

image.png

And then the same also applies to DLC weaponry:

image.png

And last but not least, take a look at the replies here. It seems like you're the one with the issue but you are content to push that upon everyone else who is happy that they have more options for their player base.

• Like 2

Strong text , I understand this post . Why so angry and why make a brain about can player use DLC stuff. Why not have player poptaps for DLC ? we all play the game and love this ,  its not mutch money and what for player go on work for nothing ?  Most of player pay maybe 30 for the game and this on 2015 ore 2016 and now cry about 20 for DLC 2 ??

I think its not fair use DLC for nothing .

Advertisement