kuplion

[RELEASE] Use DLC vehicles without the DLC.

44 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Thomas [ T.K.O ] said:

Strong text , I understand this post . Why so angry and why make a brain about can player use DLC stuff. Why not have player poptaps for DLC ? we all play the game and love this ,  its not mutch money and what for player go on work for nothing ?  Most of player pay maybe 30 for the game and this on 2015 ore 2016 and now cry about 20 for DLC 2 ??

I think its not fair use DLC for nothing .

Exile already allows access to DLC items and vehicles, why is this considered any different?

• Like 1

Maybe but you can not re enter the vehicle and i only say for me "I think its not fair" why not pay for DLC .Arma its a realy nice game and why not pay 1 time for New stuff , its a lot of work and for coming work need all Company Poptaps. 

Advertisement
37 minutes ago, Thomas [ T.K.O ] said:

Maybe but you can not re enter the vehicle and i only say for me "I think its not fair" why not pay for DLC .Arma its a realy nice game and why not pay 1 time for New stuff , its a lot of work and for coming work need all Company Poptaps. 

Which is why I preface the addon with the suggestion to buy the DLC if you like the content.

9 hours ago, kuplion said:

Thankfully though, where I live women have the choice over what happens inside their bodies! What a time to be alive!!

After all the religious discussion, I felt like yelling Amen when I read that Kup!  :)

Seriously though, although I don't need this code on my own server as all my players have Apex, I appreciate you releasing it for those that would benefit. Thanks.

Am I incorrect in saying that BI used to offer similar functionality themselves? I seem to remember that you used to be able to get into the DLC vehicles but it was low res and had nagware and a time limit or something?

There's no question this is a grey area from a legal standpoint, BI have made this clear themselves. It's up to the server owners to decide if they want to use the code and Kup has ensured that the DLC nagware has not been removed. To be honest, once people get used to using the vehicles, when the DLC comes up on sale again BI might find they get some more purchases to get rid of the nagware! Surely that's a win for BI!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

Am I incorrect in saying that BI used to offer similar functionality themselves? I seem to remember that you used to be able to get into the DLC vehicles but it was low res and had nagware and a time limit or something?

Previously Arma 2 OA had low res textures for DLC items until you purchased the DLC. I vaguely remember Arma 3 doing something different early on in it's life cycle but I don't remember exactly what it was.

There's no question this is a grey area from a legal standpoint, BI have made this clear themselves.

This is basically my point of view on the subject. BI have said on several occasions that it is functionality left in for mission makers to utilise. If they really really wanted to stop this kind of usage they would add a DLC check in to the moveInXXX commands, but they haven't.

It's up to the server owners to decide if they want to use the code and Kup has ensured that the DLC nagware has not been removed.

Bingo.

To be honest, once people get used to using the vehicles, when the DLC comes up on sale again BI might find they get some more purchases to get rid of the nagware! Surely that's a win for BI!

^^^ There is even a sale as of 14th February! Grab that DLC whilst it's cheap!!

After all the religious discussion, I felt like yelling Amen when I read that Kup!  :)

xD

• Like 1

Very good job! But under testing found one thing but! If the technique is closed, those players who do not have DLC can still sit in it and leave. Is there any way to fix this?

1 hour ago, sakyrai072 said:

Very good job! But under testing found one thing but! If the technique is closed, those players who do not have DLC can still sit in it and leave. Is there any way to fix this?

I don’t understand? That’s the point of this addon, to allow access to the DLC vehicles without owning the DLC.

I know what you mean. sorry about my English. I mean that players who have bought DLC close and go technique, but the players who have not purchased the DLC can approach her and leave without opening the equipment, as they have in the menu a chance. they can not then get out of it, but they can go to your virtual garage

Advertisement