Sign in to follow this  
Mahognys

A3xai add grenades to AI loadout

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me on this. I want to add grenades to A3xai ai loadout so they can use the grenades in battle.

There does not seem to be an option in the config.cpp for adding this.  There is miscLoot and miscfood predefined.

I have looked inside the A3XAI folders files for generating stuff but I cannot figure this out.

Could I add a "miscexplosives" in config.cpp but what files uses this array ? and is this only for lootpool and not for the AI to use ?

Thx in advance. 

@Mahognys I don't think the AI will even use the explosives. I haven't tested this in a long time but back when I was still playing milsims the AI never used there GL or grenades (this was a while ago so it could be fixed).

If you use DMS there is a ray that lets you place items in their inventory. 

C2apture.thumb.PNG.d1cc6fe20a50104a612426b5661c00dd.PNG

If you find a way to get this thing working, I would love to know how.

I found this comment on Reddit about this issue.

top comment

"They do throw hand grenades but only if they're out of ammo or they consider it to be cost-efficient to do so; see the BIKI CfgAmmo article on the cost parameter. As for grenade launchers, they're used against any kind of vehicle so as long as they are able to either destroy the wheels or disable any unarmoured/weakly armoured turrets. For instance if you have an RCWS on a tank then they will target it with their UGLs in order to disable it. Likewise, if you're commanding a Marshall and run across a group of grenadiers then they will fire their UGLs at the turret first and then wheels in order to blind and immobilise your Marshall (they won't be able to destroy the Marshall but good luck trying to shoot them back with a damaged main turret)."

Advertisement

Im using vcom ai along with dma, occupation and a3xai. It is a pve server with looots of ai action and pretty hostile too ;-) 

I have added mortar backpacks to dms loadout and also a3xai. So when i meet a group minimum 1 guy will deploy his mortar and start the bombardment ;--) 

So I just wanted them to have all the gear possible to give us hell on altis.

I could also add grenades to the already defined "food" or "misc" load but i´m not sure iff they have it avail while alive or only when they are dead.

I would suggest the mod VCOM. With it, enemy AI will make use of everything they have - they'll use their UAVs, set up and use machine guns and mortars, use their grenade launchers often, go full auto with machine guns. The AI also communicate with each other much more effectively and deploy way better tactics. Large groups of enemies will surround you quickly while you are suppressed by machine gun fire.

Edited by Mahognys

I have A3XAI with VCOM on my Cherno server and my Abramia server. I can happily confirm that when the AI determine a grenade is required to be used they'll happily use one if they've got it. I didn't adjust the default behaviour of either mod, I only adjusted things like the vehicles they are allowed to use and the type of equipment they are allowed to use as per the config file.

They usually leave it for disabling vehicle however, I haven't yet had them use a grenade to kill a player but I've seen them use smokes to provide themselves cover while they move.

I hope that helps someone....

@Riker2335 did you add grenades to the loadout in a3xai and where did you add/change ? 

Maybe you can post your a3xai config here so I can take a peek at it ?

Edited by Mahognys
  • Like 1

Advertisement