Z80CPU

[ WARNING ] - To All Users of BattlEye! Win10 Update!

20 posts in this topic

My newish Intel 7700 would never receive security updates anymore. cpu instruction code was different or something, so Microsoft has stopped writing Win 7 updates  for those newer cpu's about 2 years ago now. I don't think there's a workaround for that

Edited by exiledreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, exiledreamer said:

My newish Intel 7700 would never receive security updates anymore. cpu instruction code was different or something, so Microsoft has stopped writing Win 7 updates  for those newer cpu's about 2 years ago now. I don't think there's a workaround for that

And that´s the reason for changing the OS. As I said ....... know when it´s time for new things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

 

On 4/14/2019 at 7:50 AM, Anhor said:

And that´s the reason for changing the OS. As I said ....... know when it´s time for new things.

 

after the warning from google and microsoft, it is very much so time to ditch win 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@exiledreamer - You are WRONG;)

 

You CAN still receive updates for Win7 from MS AND having a Ryzen CPU!  I get them all the time, one within the past 5 days.

The 'trick', you have to fool MS to get the updates.

And here it is HERE

 

Every since MS pulled that BS move, I have been using the above.  One update did 'knock it out', so I just did it again and NO ISSUES!

Use, you will be happier!

 

You just run this program one time and that is that!

 

:)

 

Edited by Z80CPU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bob_the_K - It is not the board, it is the CPU.  MS states that 'if you have a Ryzen CPU and Win7, we will not update you.  BUT if you have Win10, we will'.

And that 'hack' works, because I have been using it...  ;)

Link #1:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

Link #2:  https://www.pcmag.com/news/351565/amd-ryzen-processors-will-support-windows-7

 

All you have to do is to use that 'trick' I listed above and you will have ZERO ISSUES with Win7 and any Ryzen chips.

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy really did a good job on this.  And it has been a blessing too...I HATE Win10, even though I have it as a 'Dual Boot' on my main computer.  Win7 has been about the best non-DOS OS MS came out with.  And as I have Win7 Ultimate, I got a long ways to go before 'retiring' Win7.  I still even have Win XP on my PC, actually, it is a '3 Boot' system; Win XP, Win7, Win10.  I am thinking about whacking XP...I have not tried, but I do not think Ryzen and Win XP will play well together!  hahahaaha

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

The guy really did a good job on this.  And it has been a blessing too...I HATE Win10, even though I have it as a 'Dual Boot' on my main computer.  Win7 has been about the best non-DOS OS MS came out with.  And as I have Win7 Ultimate, I got a long ways to go before 'retiring' Win7.  I still even have Win XP on my PC, actually, it is a '3 Boot' system; Win XP, Win7, Win10.  I am thinking about whacking XP...I have not tried, but I do not think Ryzen and Win XP will play well together!  hahahaaha

:)

 

You should look into Windows 10 LTSC. It's basically all the improvements of 10, with all of the junk ripped out so it's more akin to 7 or even XP in it's simplicity! I was a massive hater of Windows 10 and the malware like campaign Microsoft ran in attempting to force people to update, but LTSC has completely changed my mind on actually using it. I'd never touch a normal version as they're still full of bloatware but LTSC is just brilliant!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kuplion -

I never heard of that one.  I have heard of ones that give Win10 a 'new face' and sorta like Win7.  I have already 'disabled' most Micrsoft's 'spy ware'.  The only thing I have not gotten rid of, was that stupid Cortana .  I had thought about creating a 'dummy do nothing' program and replacing that stupid thing with my 'do nothing' program.  Since I basically do not use Win10, I have 'ignored' it for now...

But, I will be looking at this one as it is 'new' to me.  Thanks!  :)

And for those who are just as dumb as I am, here is a link to help explain what it is:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3250464/faq-windows-10-ltsb-explained.html

:)

 

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.