Knocks

[RELEASE] DAPE: Dynamic Air Patrol Event (Updated to 1.4)

81 posts in this topic

Version 1.1 released

- Script now cleans up once a player jumps in the helicopter.

- Script runs continuously

- Some minor code optimizations

Let me know how it works for everyone.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, DENA77 said:

First of all, I want to thank you very much for your work done and for sharing your scripts and so much work done on the FUMS system with us. I want to ask you to add the interceptor aircraft mute function, since during its flight it knocks almost all DMS_occupation patrol helicopters on the server and yes the marker cleaning function is definitely needed.

Do you want to be able to turn off the interceptor?  Like have it as an option?  The patrol craft would still come in and crash after a while with the helicopter rescue.

Advertisement
22 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

Sorry, the script works on malden. Only I have one problem, the planes hit me on a slope of mountains and hills. Is there any way to adjust the altitude of the flight? and to burn after patrol even from missions? Thank you

Yeah that seems to be an issue with the way Arma does flight, they tend to follow the terrain and can't make quick adjustments on steep terrain changes.  I suppose you could make sure there are only helicopters as patrol craft.  They can probably handle the terrain changes better.  Let me know if you guys experiment with other patrol craft.

I've seen some scripts on better ways of doing waypoints so as I learn I'll fine tune the code.  If anyone has any ideas for other immersion type scripts let me know.  

Edited by Knocks

Can we add this script to any map, or do we have to adjust the way points onlines 65-68 for the map you going to use, or will detect with changing way points.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Knocks said:

Do you want to be able to turn off the interceptor?  Like have it as an option?  The patrol craft would still come in and crash after a while with the helicopter rescue.

Yes, that was the function of disabling interceptor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Knocks said:

Yeah that seems to be an issue with the way Arma does flight, they tend to follow the terrain and can't make quick adjustments on steep terrain changes.  I suppose you could make sure there are only helicopters as patrol craft.  They can probably handle the terrain changes better.  Let me know if you guys experiment with other patrol craft.

I've seen some scripts on better ways of doing waypoints so as I learn I'll fine tune the code.  If anyone has any ideas for other immersion type scripts let me know.  

I tried to use a bomber from RHS mode (Tu55 BEAR) and C-130, but it did it when using a helicopter. Your mod has enormous potential

6a97ed6cc3034de63d42ac6bd162383133429017361565100ba03f53d7b99665d4c1e9aa464a2573

Edited by odin.svobik

Version 1.1 released
Patrol crash or shoot down interceptor. Mayday alert and end. Never is sent rescue helicopter.

Edited by odin.svobik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, odin.svobik said:

Version 1.1 released
Patrol crash or shoot down interceptor. Mayday alert and end. Never is sent rescue helicopter.

Run it a few times and see if that always happens.  I’ll try again tonight to see if I can reproduce the error.

3 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

I tried to use a bomber from RHS mode (Tu55 BEAR) and C-130, but it did it when using a helicopter. Your mod has enormous potential

6a97ed6cc3034de63d42ac6bd162383133429017361565100ba03f53d7b99665d4c1e9aa464a2573

Yeah that might be a cool mission...  Bomber flies around for 30 minutes, randomly dropping bombs.  Shoot it down to stop the attack....

I’ll keep an an eye out for ways to fine tune the flight.  Also make sure you use vehicles that have crew. I noticed if the model doesn’t automatically spawn crew in the editor, it didn’t work with this.  I would need to implement a vehicle crewing system and it wasn’t worth the effort. 

Edited by Knocks

7 hours ago, DENA77 said:

Yes, that was the function of disabling interceptor.

Ok, I’ll add it in the next update.  

• Like 1

Advertisement