Knocks

[RELEASE] DAPE: Dynamic Air Patrol Event (Updated to 1.4)

86 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Knocks said:

Yeah I was hoping you could test turning off the persistent function and seeing if this fixed your RHS vehicles and the claim script not working

Hi, I'll try today

Edited by odin.svobik

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, odin.svobik said:

Hi, I found one problem. All the helicopters rescued into the database, even though no one was on the mission and did not take the helicopter.

0d203d9c03ea5f126d195d011fa65b61eb113f35

Yeah I fixed the code so that it is only persistent once it's been picked up.  Thanks

Advertisement
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, odin.svobik said:

Just please do you still solve the flight altitude or waypion altitude? Still more often the patrol hits the hills. Thanks

Is it possible for the script to run if _debug is on? When I turn off, it comes to me that a rescue team is not being sent.
And I still want to ask, start cycling patrols after a failure is endless or has a limited number of starts?

Haven't looked at the altitude thing yet, I'll play around with it soon. Hopefully the mission just keeps restarting until this work right.

Yes, script should work with debug off, but it takes longer for things to happen.  I think the plane flies around for 10 minutes, and it takes a few minutes between missions.

hi, after editing claim vehicle mode, heli is locked using codelock. Tested and working
  if (_vehicle getVariable ["ExileIsPersistent" "," false ") then
     {
         throw "This vehicle is already claimed!";

Thanks for your work, I appreciate your work and I am looking forward to another update :)

Edited by odin.svobik

20 minutes ago, odin.svobik said:

hi, after editing claim vehicle mode, heli is locked using codelock. Tested and working
  if (_vehicle getVariable ["ExileIsPersistent" "," false ") then
     {
         throw "This vehicle is already claimed!";

Thanks for your work, I appreciate your work and I am looking forward to another update :)

Ok good, I added the variable that needs to be there to make it work for all vehicles.  

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, Gristle said:

I added a couple lines to delay the patrol until after a player has connected. Inserted around line 646:

diag_log format["[DAPE] Waiting for players to connect"];
	waitUntil{{isPlayer _x}count allPlayers > 0};
	diag_log "[DAPE] Player connected, starting patrol";

Thanks.  I rewrote this a little because I don't like waitUntil loops but its in the next update

(Version 1.3)
    - Helicopter is now only persistent after someone jumps in
    - Script will now pause until a player joins the server
    - Debug is now on by default to verify its working

• Like 1

Knocks i love the way that you are keeping on top of things to make sure the script is playable for all to use.

Before you updated the script for non-persistent vehicles to be saved with a codelock, that has always been working on my servers as i use the claim vehicle script.

Other scripts will break newer scripts if not placed carefully.

odin.svobik

I noticed that you are using fums as this could of been the cause of the vehices not saving as what your picture showed was the vehicle saved in fuMs persistent vehicles, just throwing that out there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

Knocks i love the way that you are keeping on top of things to make sure the script is playable for all to use.

Before you updated the script for non-persistent vehicles to be saved with a codelock, that has always been working on my servers as i use the claim vehicle script.

Other scripts will break newer scripts if not placed carefully.

odin.svobik

I noticed that you are using fums as this could of been the cause of the vehices not saving as what your picture showed was the vehicle saved in fuMs persistent vehicles, just throwing that out there.

I'm not using FuMS. The FuMS persistent vehicle has just created Knocks script version 1.2 in my database. If item was created to create persistent vehicle.

A claim vehicle didn't work for me because of my wrong script settings. I've solved it. Thank you :)

I appreciate the help of all of you. I'm learning :)

Edited by odin.svobik
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, odin.svobik said:

I'm not using FuMS. The FuMS persistent vehicle has just created Knocks script version 1.2 in my database. If item was created to create persistent vehicle.

A claim vehicle didn't work for me because of my wrong script settings. I've solved it. Thank you :)

I appreciate the help of all of you. I'm learning :)

all good mate, as we all learn off other people as this is what we should be doing to help one another to get a good server going.

• Like 1

Advertisement