Knocks

[RELEASE] DAPE: Dynamic Air Patrol Event (Updated to 1.4)

86 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

all good mate, as we all learn off other people as this is what we should be doing to help one another to get a good server going.

Amen :)

• Like 1

Advertisement
7 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

Knocks i love the way that you are keeping on top of things to make sure the script is playable for all to use.

Before you updated the script for non-persistent vehicles to be saved with a codelock, that has always been working on my servers as i use the claim vehicle script.

Other scripts will break newer scripts if not placed carefully.

odin.svobik

I noticed that you are using fums as this could of been the cause of the vehices not saving as what your picture showed was the vehicle saved in fuMs persistent vehicles, just throwing that out there.

Yeah I think he had something wrong locally, so I just added a little extra code to help anyone using add-ons that might not be 100%.  I am working on another system that this will be helpful with.

Edited by Knocks

Hey @Knocks 

Here's some strange behaviour if the players are quick and shoot things down for themselves:

If you shoot down the patrol aircraft the script continues as expected, the interceptor heads for the edge of the map and despawns.

If you shoot down the rescue chopper before it reaches the crash site then nothing further happens, the mission doesn't end.

2019-05-31_084205.thumb.png.eb66c22dcbd2a7ffa9d69b67c8d7839f.png

Now I might have not had enough patience to see what happens, I did wait 10 minutes and nothing further happened. Is there anything that can be added to the script to make it reset if someone shoots down the rescue chopper?

Bearing in mind it's very unlikely anyone will, I tend to be the only one wandering around with AA on my server and most will just wait for the choppers to pass rather than engage - but if there's an option to have the script reset if the rescue chopper is shot down that'd be much appreciated!

Oh, and prior to 1.3 I was finding my VCOM AI patrols "stealing" the persistent rescue chopper if nobody had gone to do the mission and the choppers were just left around the map... took me a moment to figure out why there was a bunch of guys hanging around in a chopper on the ground which would open fire if you got within the weapon arcs :)

Thank you for your efforts - this one is pretty much perfect now!

• Like 1

Hi, I have a problem with repeating the mission to version 1.3 (2-3 cycles and will not start). And if the option that the script is to be run when the player is connected is turned on, it runs the same without anyone on the server.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

Hi, I have a problem with repeating the mission to version 1.3 (2-3 cycles and will not start). And if the option that the script is to be run when the player is connected is turned on, it runs the same without anyone on the server.

That's really weird, I would download the file again and delete the old one first.  I'll check again but it was working perfectly I thought.

Do you run headless clients?

Edited by Knocks

Unfortunately, in 1.3 I work the worst. The sent helicopter will rarely land. The time between reboots is 6h and sometimes the mission is not at all. I don't know if DMS and OCUPPATION DMS are to blame. From missions I shoot after patrol and helicopter .... And starting up after connecting the player I did not work, the mission ran from time to time when I joined the server and as a manager I know there was no one before. Be sure to visit me on the server, anytime and look. The mission cycle is basic. PS: To adjust the flight altitude or waypoint, did he see if he could do anything? In spite of all this I think the script is great and I hope all the time :) Thanks for your work

10 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

Unfortunately, in 1.3 I work the worst. The sent helicopter will rarely land. The time between reboots is 6h and sometimes the mission is not at all. I don't know if DMS and OCUPPATION DMS are to blame. From missions I shoot after patrol and helicopter .... And starting up after connecting the player I did not work, the mission ran from time to time when I joined the server and as a manager I know there was no one before. Be sure to visit me on the server, anytime and look. The mission cycle is basic. PS: To adjust the flight altitude or waypoint, did he see if he could do anything? In spite of all this I think the script is great and I hope all the time :) Thanks for your work

Do you see the manifestation of the aircraft, the helicopter on the map through infiSTAR or included markers for them? config.sqf parameter DMZ_ai_freeze_Only_DNS_AI = true in DMS?

Edited by DENA77

17 hours ago, DENA77 said:

Do you see the manifestation of the aircraft, the helicopter on the map through infiSTAR or included markers for them? config.sqf parameter DMZ_ai_freeze_Only_DNS_AI = true in DMS?

Hi, I'm not using infistar on my server because it's just for a few friends and it's not public.

I use Markers directly from Knocks script

DMS_ai_freeze_only_DMS_AI is set to false by default.

I'll definitely try. Thank you very much

Edited by odin.svobik

Updated to Version 1.4

- Added code to reset if rescue heli is shot down
    - Added option to protect rescue heli until it lands
    - Added option to run without Exile
    - Added delay before QRF launches
    - Minor code corrections

• Like 1

Advertisement