Knocks

[RELEASE] DAPE: Dynamic Air Patrol Event (Updated to 1.4)

86 posts in this topic

I don't know, that's weird.  Maybe try the new version.  I have been running it for a few days and it worked every time.  The rescue heli crashed every once and a while, but that happens.  I added an option to protect the heli until it lands, try enabling that and see if that helps.

I also added a heartbeat diag_log command so you can see it running.  See if that tells us anything.

Post your server.rpt file next time you run after the update.  Make sure you use the spoiler option when you post it.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, Explodie said:

Hey @Knocks 

Here's some strange behaviour if the players are quick and shoot things down for themselves:

If you shoot down the patrol aircraft the script continues as expected, the interceptor heads for the edge of the map and despawns.

If you shoot down the rescue chopper before it reaches the crash site then nothing further happens, the mission doesn't end.

2019-05-31_084205.thumb.png.eb66c22dcbd2a7ffa9d69b67c8d7839f.png

Now I might have not had enough patience to see what happens, I did wait 10 minutes and nothing further happened. Is there anything that can be added to the script to make it reset if someone shoots down the rescue chopper?

Bearing in mind it's very unlikely anyone will, I tend to be the only one wandering around with AA on my server and most will just wait for the choppers to pass rather than engage - but if there's an option to have the script reset if the rescue chopper is shot down that'd be much appreciated!

Oh, and prior to 1.3 I was finding my VCOM AI patrols "stealing" the persistent rescue chopper if nobody had gone to do the mission and the choppers were just left around the map... took me a moment to figure out why there was a bunch of guys hanging around in a chopper on the ground which would open fire if you got within the weapon arcs :)

Thank you for your efforts - this one is pretty much perfect now!

Check out the new version.  Made just to protect against guys like you...

Advertisement
5 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

Hi, I'm not using infistar on my server because it's just for a few friends and it's not public.

I use Markers directly from Knocks script

DMS_ai_freeze_only_DMS_AI is set to false by default.

I'll definitely try. Thank you very much

Do you see the markers when you run the script in debug mode?

On 6/7/2019 at 2:18 PM, Knocks said:

Do you see the markers when you run the script in debug mode?

Yes, I'm going to try the new version. Thanks

9 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

Yes, I'm going to try the new version. Thanks

What map are you running it on?

16 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

Malden 2035

That’s a small map.  Maybe try settings all waypoints speeds to “LIMITED” to see if that keeps them from wrecking.

Any luck with the new version?

On 6/11/2019 at 2:31 AM, Knocks said:

That’s a small map.  Maybe try settings all waypoints speeds to “LIMITED” to see if that keeps them from wrecking.

Any luck with the new version?

Hello, version 1.4 has been tested

1. Run the script after connecting the player to the server - not working (set to _playerConnected = true; the script will start with server startup)
2. Patrol crash, rescue heli not send (picture 1,2)
3. I went to the start place recue heli (rescue heli was in place - picture 3,4)
4. Shot down a rescue heli and I got a mission mark (picture 5,6)

Script sometimes works pretty well and sometimes doesn't work at all during one restart cycle (6h)

c0cdac37ad6b314cffa0cef8f5fad51c6efe6f49

76ab5fcb715119a7d2b20d6906c300d696a463d3

4c7459e4d139ab1247a47196f0ca9e7197af8dff

2fd48e28dd0bb8abde766ce1ffbf36cfb372e607

9372114590ab8d8072d4858d2152edc3cf131f0c

0378e97b23968a25a1a9a5def7643bc8eb61ee3f

Edited by odin.svobik

I suspect the problem is you are using aircraft that do not have a default crew assigned.  Most vehicles in the vanilla Arma come with a default crew defined and the scripts I use rely on this.  When I used aircraft from other developers, they don't always add the default crew, and their aircraft would spawn in and then just fall into the sea.  That is what it looks like is happening with your server.  This is another change that I am making in future versions.  It happens with a lot of the Exile aircraft.  The aircraft I use are the only ones that spawned in with crew during testing, everything else just fell into the water.  If you go to the starting point and watch, you can see the plane just nosedive.

If you go to EDEN editor, try dragging one of your aircraft in to the game and see if it spawns in with crew.  If not, that is the problem.  It requires me to write code for spawning AI so I'm tying that into other projects. 

It seems to run OK as is in the default state but lets see if any one else posts their results.

Thanks

If you want you can post copies of your server.rpt file and your modified dape.sqf to a "spoiler" or pastebin and I can look at it.

Advertisement