Knocks

[RELEASE] DAPE: Dynamic Air Patrol Event (Updated to 1.4)

86 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:43 AM, odin.svobik said:

Still a question, could it be optional if I want to have the four pilots in a blue jumpsuit on a mission?

This is a future update, I'll do when I build custom AI

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Knocks said:

I suspect the problem is you are using aircraft that do not have a default crew assigned.  Most vehicles in the vanilla Arma come with a default crew defined and the scripts I use rely on this.  When I used aircraft from other developers, they don't always add the default crew, and their aircraft would spawn in and then just fall into the sea.  That is what it looks like is happening with your server.  This is another change that I am making in future versions.  It happens with a lot of the Exile aircraft.  The aircraft I use are the only ones that spawned in with crew during testing, everything else just fell into the water.  If you go to the starting point and watch, you can see the plane just nosedive.

If you go to EDEN editor, try dragging one of your aircraft in to the game and see if it spawns in with crew.  If not, that is the problem.  It requires me to write code for spawning AI so I'm tying that into other projects. 

It seems to run OK as is in the default state but lets see if any one else posts their results.

Thanks

If you want you can post copies of your server.rpt file and your modified dape.sqf to a "spoiler" or pastebin and I can look at it.

Hi, I definitely have no problem sending a rpt log server. Otherwise, I have a loaded map of my server and always loads with the crew. (Even in the above posts was a crew aboard the helicopter, just for some reason in place and after shooting down from it crew). Otherwise, the editor looked at the patrol's flight path and has a height problem. sometimes he reacts and sometimes does not and drinks up the hill. If you would like to send a mpmission to the editor.

Thank you great work :)

Edited by odin.svobik

Advertisement
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, odin.svobik said:

Hi, I definitely have no problem sending a rpt log server. Otherwise, I have a loaded map of my server and always loads with the crew. (Even in the above posts was a crew aboard the helicopter, just for some reason in place and after shooting down from it crew). Otherwise, the editor looked at the patrol's flight path and has a height problem. sometimes he reacts and sometimes does not and drinks up the hill. If you would like to send a mpmission to the editor.

Thank you great work :)

Yeah I have some ideas for the height thing that I'm working on with the convoy engine.

I noticed on my server that all the aircraft of the AN series after circling in one place and not when they do not reach the coast. I turned them off on my server.

Even in version 1.4, an error appeared in .rpt: 

Spoiler

3167. 12:27:31 Error in expression <w;
3174. 12:27:31   Error position: <_HeliAiUnits;
3177. 12:27:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _heliaiunits
3178. 12:27:31 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\DynamicAirPatrol\dape.sqf, line 952

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed those An-2’s act funny too, I’ll play with them a bit.  I think I’m making them go too fast.

And yeah, it doesn’t have the greatest error checking.  Sometimes it’ll try and spawn crew but the plane already crashed, etc.  Hopefully it will keep running but let me know if you see anything weird.

Edited by Knocks

This system is being converted and added to my future creations which will not depend on Exile to run.   Please come find me on Discord to see the future plans.  

Thanks for all the support, friendship, and knowledge.  This was truly a fun system to learn on, and I look forward to Arma 4 and continuing the development of my tools and systems to make fun Arma worlds

https://discord.gg/7h6Xv5P

Advertisement