Sgt Smash

Is Discord good enough for Exile community threads?

30 posts in this topic

Is Discord good enough for Exile community content threads? or will this be the final nail

Thoughts?

Edited by Sgt Smash

Not really, it's much easier to find anything here than on discord. But i guess the peak is over anyways and Arma 3 / Exile is going to die sooner or later.

Advertisement

Discord can be a free alternative. You are able to make text channels and post your stuff their nearly like in a forum. But I guess the developers are slowly shut down their support for the gamemode because the last update was over a year ago. Its really sad but a website like this costs money and the other point is over the years this forum got so much good information and fixes.

Discord is just mish-mash disaster when it comes to information reference or any proper discussion on a specific topic/issue.
If anyone have  a different platform/forum in mind , let me know. I was even thinking get some people aboard to  BI forum club... at least some place to discuss exile related stuff...

@Knocks the info wont dissapear, few people already said they are going to keep the forum topics archived and available for public.

Edited by Chernaruski
  • Like 4

Makes you wonder as this exile has been going strong , then all of a sudden CLOSING and going to discord.

Some people wont want to go to discord but rather stay with a forum where its easy to search the contents in what you need for a server.

Edited by hogansheroes
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Chernaruski said:

@Knocks the info wont dissapear, few people already said they are going to keep the forum topics archived and available for public.

No offense, but people commit to things all the time that never come true.  I hope you’re right, but I’m archiving what I can too.  I really hope to find some other forum like this.  Discord is ok, but....

i know there’s Armaholic,  but it’s not the same.

Edited by Knocks
  • Like 1

Advertisement