Sgt Smash

Is Discord good enough for Exile community threads?

30 posts in this topic

I'm also worried about what happens when the next time Arma has a update that brakes the mod like it did a couple of years ago but this time there will be no offical way to distribute a fix as the community don't access to the workshop or core files.

Who knows what the next day will bring... maybe Exile mod will become open source *wink wink*

Edited by Chernaruski
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chernaruski said:

Who knows what the next day will bring... maybe Exile mod will become open source *wink wink*

That would be a great idea if it could happen, atleast we all have somewhere to go get all our arma 3 files from, and since the post has been put up about leaving at the end of july no one has been posting or asking for help as to why bother, thinking arma3 exile is going down hill.

Edited by hogansheroes

Advertisement

@ Chernaruski

Maybe you should make a new thread on here titled "New Home for Exile" or something like that to get as much awareness for the exile community to switch over to your new forum before this site goes down

Edited by Sgt Smash

Hey Guys :)

As you can see iam a little Light at the Exile Boulevard. 

But i read all the threads and i found maybe a solution but don’t want to bomb @Chernaruski plans - so my offer is just friendly and maybe we can do Arma Great Again. 

i have an Woltlab Burning Board License with all kind of stuff and plugins - and i have 5 Free Domains which can be registered. 

But there must be admins and moderation available maybe some guys here want to make it? 

Well its just an offer - but letz make Arma Great Again and let us all survive with all active members we currently have. I will follow this topic and see what happens to the offer - if it’s not welcome it’s okay for me :) 

Best Regards 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kuchenplatte , whatever fits the community, I've just offered a free and , in my opinion , convenient alternative. 
Your offer sounds legit too of course, but you coming back to the same possible future problem of hosting/domain renewal costs and what not. 

@Sgt Smash , sorry , I'm not the one to decide where the "New home for Exile" will be.  I offered alternative, if majority of people move and stay at Exilemod Club @ BI forums, we always can inform rest of users on Discord or ask admins to do it a mass message (@everyone) , if they see it necessary, at the end of the month. 

Edited by Chernaruski
  • Like 1

@Chernaruski it’s my hobby no Problem and i don’t need any „donations“ or what ever you should call it . my wish is the we could all stay together and that exile and all information stuff don’t die. But we don’t have much time - so somebody should take the lead and give exile a new home 

• Like 1

Well my friends ....... Exile is going to die ...... Arma 3 is going to die ......... real???

If I look at the Steam Charts, there are still some dead-zombies alive! For example Arma 2 OA: between 600 and 1100 players daily! And stable over the last few months!

And Arma 3 or Exile will die in no time?  I can not believe that.

Arma 3 and Exile will stay with us for many more years , I´m sure. What may (finally) change is that not anybody want to play serveradmin ......... and do not have to distribute 2000 active Exile players on 2500 Exile server!

In my (humble) opinion, every mod suffers from exactly this phenomenon!  "Ahh, on all servers all other players have more than I ...... lets make a server where I can play God" ........ is it not exactly this attitude that makes servers numbers grow like mushrooms?

The whole is supported by hosters who actually offer servers with 2 or 3 slotsThis finally kicks the bottom out of the barrel ........
Another factor may be due to the fact that the average player today has an attention span like a housefly  ....... maybe I'm just too old to understand that at the age of 52 *sig*
To come back to the topic, I think Exile will live for a long time.
Edited by Anhor
  • Like 2

I have a server and would love to host some files / Archive. About 10TB available. I would just need a hand with a way to run the public side through my domain instead of an IP. You can send me ideas and suggestions on here or to Scott@talbizle.com (email is faster. Also talbizle.com is down RN but email is still working.)

Advertisement