Shelby

Linux Dedicated Server Setup Guide (Debian 7 or similar)

48 posts in this topic

followed tutorial and start the server and i just get this issue come up, any ideas? and there are also no logs in the place it specifies.

"ExileServer - MySQL connection error!"
 9:27:33 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."
 9:27:33 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Unable to locate extDB2 extension!"
 9:27:33 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("

Edited by xjacksssss

16 hours ago, xjacksssss said:

9:27:33 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Unable to locate extDB2 extension!"

There's probably something funky with your launch parameters. Could you post them?

Advertisement
On 11/02/2016 at 1:03 AM, Shelby said:

There's probably something funky with your launch parameters. Could you post them?

thanks for your response shelby but im no longer working on this as it was just problem after problem, thanks again anyways

Hello I am trying to use your tutorial to host my server but i cant seem to get to this link

(404 not found)

NOTE: If extDB2 v65 is not the newest version at the time of you reading this, choose a newer one from https://github.com/Torndeco/extDB2/releases/ v66 does not have the linux files included.

Is there an alternative that is being used or am i just missing something?

On 13/06/2016 at 0:02 AM, Shelby said:

Huh, forgot about this topic, I should update that :D

@Debian (nice name btw) TornDeco's Github is in fact down, I used the Arma Life version for my new server:

https://github.com/ArmaLife/extDB2/releases

About that version of extdb2.so - I cant seem to find the log files that it creates - they aren't in ~/arma3/@exileserver/extdb at all

I ask this as I am able to start the server fine but when players connect to it they receive the dreaded "Black Screen Of Death" at spawn location selection and by all accounts of others who have had this issue it is possibly extDB2 that is at fault

--Edit: Right so I found that I am having a similar issue in regards to a previous post where the server cannot find extdb2.so - so of course there aren't going to be any logs :/

15:45:22 "ExileServer - MySQL connection error!"
15:45:22 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."
15:45:22 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Unable to locate extDB2 extension!"
15:45:22 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("

oh I also found the lib fix instructions appear to be a bit out of date as a 404 error is being received when trying to resolve the deb file.

distro of choice is Ubuntu MATE 16.04 x64 - I like the gui

launch params are simple:

./arma3server -cfg=@exileserver/basic.cfg -config=@exileserver/config.cfg -mod=@exile -servermod=@exileserver -autoinit > stdout.log 2> stderr.log

Edited by Vitamin Carrot
I am an idiot

51 minutes ago, Vitamin Carrot said:

blah blah blah some stuff

Fixed -

I changed character depth to ensure I wouldn't come across that wonderful *vehicle_name_here*.pbo not found error and in doing so extDB2.so and its subsequent folder where made lowercase thus the server couldn't find them

:(

now to tackle any further issues that may arise - because thats what we linux users do and do it well

7 hours ago, Vitamin Carrot said:

now to tackle any further issues that may arise - because thats what we linux users do and do it well

Aye :D Just call if you need any help.

7 hours ago, Vitamin Carrot said:

oh I also found the lib fix instructions appear to be a bit out of date as a 404 error is being received when trying to resolve the deb file.

distro of choice is Ubuntu MATE 16.04 x64 - I like the gui

AFAIK Ubuntu uses a version of libc6 above 2.15 so you shouldnt even do this step. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Will investigate on the 404 though.

Edited by Shelby
Spelling FFS

On 6/23/2016 at 0:10 AM, Vitamin Carrot said:

Fixed -

I changed character depth to ensure I wouldn't come across that wonderful *vehicle_name_here*.pbo not found error and in doing so extDB2.so and its subsequent folder where made lowercase thus the server couldn't find them

:(

What command did you use to change character depth? I'm having the same issue.

Advertisement