Defent

DMS - Defent's Mission System

3370 posts in this topic

Is it possible to add a _combatmode or _behaviour modification to this?

DMS_fnc_SpawnAIGroup
    [
        _pos,                    // ARRAY (positionATL): Position of AI
        _count,                    // SCALAR: Number of AI
        _difficulty,            // STRING: AI Difficulty: "random","hardcore","difficult","moderate", or "easy"
        _class,                    // STRING: AI Class: "random","assault","MG","sniper" or "unarmed" OR [_class,_launcherType]
        _side,                     // STRING: Only "bandit" is supported by default
        _customGearSet   
    ] call DMS_fnc_SpawnAIGroup;

16 hours ago, kuplion said:

@eraser1, I've noticed a bit of a bizarre quirk with the non-persistent vehicles in relation to the Claiming Script by @Taylor Swift found here:

Basically, the non-persistent vehicles spawned at the end of a mission seem to claim fine, but the non-persistent vehicles from the mission / new APEX vehicles like the Prowler and variants already seem to have ownership and cannot be claimed. I've looked through the files and the Exileispersistent variable is being set to false on them as it should be, but they still seem to have an ownership but are not persistent. Could you shed any light on it, or help me work out how to fix it?

@eraser1, a bit more info here now. Ok, so the Ural was the 'prize' for the mission, and I can claim it. The BT_LSV was patrolling around the mission and I cannot claim it, instead the claiming script responds like it's already owned (but it's not).

Spoiler

6dIbhnW.jpg

yv21LCB.jpg

74oXHDp.jpg

uPDd15f.jpg

I appreciate Claiming Vehicles is nothing to do with your mod, but it would be great if the mission spawn patrolling vehicles could be set in a way that makes them claimable too?

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Advertisement

Is there a way to start a specific static mission when another is completed? Through DMS not Arma tasks. Creating a mini campaign on my server.

Is there a way to reward respect and poptabs based on the difficulty of an AI instead of the type? I would like to go that route if possible instead of having it the same based on type of AI. 

• Like 1

Anyone know how to extend the mission toast notification timer? [SOLVED]

Hi

I extended DMS_dynamicText_DurationDMS_textTiles_Duration to 15 seconds, but the toast notification only lasts around 4 seconds. Am I missing another timing call?

When people complete a mission the toast message doesn't stay on long enough for them to read the reward vehicle pin code.

a3_dms / config.sqf:

Spoiler

/*Dynamic Text Notification Settings*/
    DMS_dynamicText_Duration            = 15;                        // Number of seconds that the message will last on the screen.
    DMS_dynamicText_FadeTime            = 1.5;                        // Number of seconds that the message will fade in/out (does not affect duration).
    DMS_dynamicText_Title_Size            = 1.2;                        // Size for Client Dynamic Text mission titles.
    DMS_dynamicText_Title_Font            = "puristaMedium";            // Font for Client Dynamic Text mission titles.
    DMS_dynamicText_Message_Color        = "#FFFFFF";                // Dynamic Text color for "dynamicTextRequest" client notification type.
    DMS_dynamicText_Message_Size        = 0.65;                        // Dynamic Text size for "dynamicTextRequest" client notification type.
    DMS_dynamicText_Message_Font        = "OrbitronMedium";            // Dynamic Text font for "dynamicTextRequest" client notification type.
        /*Dynamic Text Notification Settings*/

/*Standard Hint Notification Settings*/
    DMS_standardHint_Title_Size            = 2;                        // Size for Client Standard Hint mission titles.
    DMS_standardHint_Title_Font            = "puristaMedium";            // Font for Client Standard Hint mission titles.
    DMS_standardHint_Message_Color        = "#FFFFFF";                // Standard Hint color for "standardHintRequest" client notification type.
    DMS_standardHint_Message_Size        = 1;                        // Standard Hint size for "standardHintRequest" client notification type.
    DMS_standardHint_Message_Font        = "OrbitronMedium";            // Standard Hint font for "standardHintRequest" client notification type.
        /*Standard Hint Notification Settings*/

/*Text Tiles Notification Settings*/
    DMS_textTiles_Duration                = 15;                        // Number of seconds that the message will last on the screen.
    DMS_textTiles_FadeTime                = 1.5;                        // Number of seconds that the message will fade in/out (does not affect duration).
    DMS_textTiles_Title_Size            = 2.3;                        // Size for Client Text Tiles mission titles.
    DMS_textTiles_Title_Font            = "puristaMedium";            // Font for Client Text Tiles mission titles.
    DMS_textTiles_Message_Color            = "#FFFFFF";                // Text Tiles color for "textTilesRequest" client notification type.
    DMS_textTiles_Message_Size            = 1.25;                        // Text Tiles size for "textTilesRequest" client notification type.
    DMS_textTiles_Message_Font            = "OrbitronMedium";            // Text Tiles font for "textTilesRequest" client notification type.
        /*Text Tiles Notification Settings*/

SOLUTION thanks to @eraser1 (cheers for the help):

@aussie battler There is no config to adjust toast timer, but if you want to do so, you would want to call the Exile toast function explicitly (I'm in my phone so I can't find it atm). I'll have something for that in the next update (if I remember).

Edited by aussie battler

@eraser1 I do use infistar, and I did change the vehicle to zamak and the ural from exile.. however its still blowing up, is there a way, i can move this truck away from the building, i believe that is the issue could you send me a new mission file with the vehicle being a little bit farther away from the building. Or tell me how to do it, Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Edit: Because i know your so busy (Deranged Doctors) Mission

Edited by xDaVIRUS
Added mission name

Hello have you thought about having the poptab awards go to the players locker, I think it's better than poptabs that magically spawn on the player, and you're already looting poptabs from bodies anyway.

So an option like: DMS_GiveMoneyToPlayerLocker_OnAIKill        = true;

Also does anyone know how to change the  mission text color from white? I want to try something else that will show up on map when you turn off map textures.

Edited by Emton

Advertisement