Defent

DMS - Defent's Mission System

3371 posts in this topic

Anyone can guide me how to edit the :

mapname_config.sqf's DMS_findSafePosBlacklist.

forexample altis:

DMS_findSafePosBlacklist =
[
    [[22500,19420],[24870,16725]]        // Salt flats are blacklisted for Altis by default.
];

[[22500,19420],[24870,16725]] what mean is this??? how to edit? ty.

Those are the coordinates. I believe its 225,194 and then 248,167? I could be completely wrong on that math but there used to be a tool for arma 2 unfortunately I just tried to use it and it doesn't work for arma 3 :(

Advertisement

DMS_MarkerText_ShowAICount            = true;                        // Whether or not to display the number of remaining AI in the marker name.

Line 41 config.sqf

Those are the coordinates. I believe its 225,194 and then 248,167? I could be completely wrong on that math but there used to be a tool for arma 2 unfortunately I just tried to use it and it doesn't work for arma 3 :(

fm... the mean is two coordinates? and did not work???  ty ur reply.

@READTHESCROLL fn_SpawnAIGroup returns the group. If you want to get the units from a group, you would simply use the "units" command on the group. So, for example you have the "_group" variable, and you have an array ("_positions") containing 20 positions. Using the "forEach" command to cycle through the group (containing 20 or fewer members), you'd have code that looks like this:

{
    _unit setPosXXX (_positions select _forEachIndex);
} forEach (units _group);

Of course, using relative positions would get a little more complicated, but if the building is in the same position every time, you don't have to worry about it ;)

@testas You can check the "BIS_fnc_findSafePos" wiki page for more info (under "_this select 7"). However, to answer your question directly, the blacklist works in this way: 

The first element in the array is the "bottom left" or the furthest "southwest" position. This is the bottom left corner of the blacklisted area.

The second element is the "top right" or the furthest "northeast" position. This is the top right corner of the blacklist area.

Those 2 corners create a rectangular area that is blacklisted, and thus prevents any mission from spawning within that rectangular block.

The logic works by checking to see if the x-coordinate of the supplied position is between the x-coordinates of the provided position, AND if the y-coordinate is between the corresponding y-coordinates.

@FatTony DMS currently selects a random "safe" position on the map. You can't "add" more locations because positions are generated randomly. However, you can edit DMS_fnc_findSafePos to select a location. The next release will allow you to explicitly specify a list of mission positions and force the function to select from that list. However, generating the list of positions will be up to you ;)

Edited by eraser1

Ok, I searched for "launcher" in this thread but didn't find anything relevant to my question. 

I have DMS set to remove launchers from the AI upon death, but I've had players find the launchers on the AI. Is this a bug?

@BetterDeadThanZed It is indeed. I've tried nearly every (logical) thing to prevent this from happening, including checking for nearby weaponholders, but the issue persists. It seems to happen under heavy load, but without more information, I can't really do anything about it, without some performance sacrifice anyways.

Advertisement