Laus

Vehicle disappearing

Question

Hello guys,

I'm having a lot of reports of player you are having their vehicles "disappearing".

They are not one and not two players, are several.
Most reports that the vehicle disappeared from inside the base.

detail: most ''disappearances'' It happened after the server restart.

Server Version: 0.9.35 "Nectarine"
Infistar: ultima versão

Dedicated server

Average players: 50

ty

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Laus
  • Like 2

30 answers to this question

This thread has been rather old but player have been complaining about helis blowing up if placed on base wood structures. seems to be happening since the Arma 3 update for me. In some case they go boom and in other cases they just vanish. It really started to  concern me when an entire base just vanished last night. what the hell is going on?

On 12/10/2015 at 4:06 PM, Laus said:

Hello guys,

I'm having a lot of reports of player you are having their vehicles "disappearing".

They are not one and not two players, are several.
Most reports that the vehicle disappeared from inside the base.

detail: most ''disappearances'' It happened after the server restart.

Server Version: 0.9.35 "Nectarine"
Infistar: ultima versão

Dedicated server

Average players: 50

ty

sorry for my bad english

it happened to me twice, i had a buggy and a suv classic and i had  great guns in them and when i go off to bed and come back on, the cars are gone

Advertisement

Hi guys. I skipped over this briefly before writing - 

Locked vehicles disappearing could be -

Vehicle has been stolen

Vehicle has been destroyed as it is re-placed by the DB after a restart. I noticed that vehicles would disappear sometimes, but once I was in the area after a restart and noticed the vehicle simply had exploded. It is possible that vehicles can explode after a restart when they're re-placed by the DB, as they're sometimes not exactly as they were left for a few brief moments. Avoid placing vehicles on constructed floors etc.

All,

Just saw this after the same problem was driving me crazy. Details of what's causing it and my temp solution... over here -->

Yep  i see things that are solved way back in arma2  origins and epoch mod   ..

Now we started a new arm3 exile server  and we though it would be passed these common problems long time ago  .

Many good things but also things that should be sovled .. Yep arma is not developed for connecting to a data base but its modded that way and it worked  fine in the past ..

As admin i kind of had it after at least or about 10 years of dayz people complaining about their lost gear so iam not waiting for the next year of pampering players because the mod is not working right ..  Does have arma3 epoch the same problems that anyone knows of ?   

Gr

Edited by Apache(DSOP)

A long time of this issue, but I have this problem, I don't know if I'm doing something bad, at less for my doesn't fix the problem, I don't know what to do, is too complicated play with that error, please help me.

sorry my english is not good enough.

It has nothing to do with the database. The problem is this.. On a server restart the vehicles spin to reach the position they were left in. The base parts also spin to reach there position. So, when you have vehicles and base parts doing their thing to get to the position it was left in, things ARE going to collide and things ARE going to go boooom.. Most players will claim to leave enough room for the vehicle to spin and reach the position it needs to be in when parked, but what they don't know or forgot was that the base parts also spin/move to get to the position they were placed and at some point on the journey to get to their correct position will collide and will explode. Also most vehicles don't like being parked on any type of Exile floor. They seem more stable on the ground with the exception of a few of the vehicles.

On 12.10.2015 at 11:44 PM, second_coming said:

It happens in Wasteland and Epoch also as far as I am aware. Arma isn't designed to be a persistent game so was never intended to read vehicle position data from a database.

The general rule is, don't park vehicles on constructed floors or too close to other items over a restart or you run the risk of the vehicle exploding when you log in again.

I play breaking point mod for two yeras and I never loose any vehicle by that. I play for some time epoch, viruz, decimation and that never happend to me but in exile many times and for my friend too. 

34 minutes ago, Agresorxf said:

I play breaking point mod for two yeras and I never loose any vehicle by that. I play for some time epoch, viruz, decimation and that never happend to me but in exile many times and for my friend too. 

Talk to the server admins about this issue, as not all servers have issues

I do not play there any more. Now I try create own server.

Just saying so I think thats problem cause Exile not Arma 3 it self.

Edited by Agresorxf

Advertisement