[COI]Naaaath

Server recomendation

25 posts in this topic

In defense, our boxes run Arma smoothly even with high cpu intensive things running on them, you can ask a number of our customers how their servers run and I garuntee that they will say that the servers run smoothly.  

yes im not doubting they run smoothly, but its when you come in and say your 24 or 12 (shitty) cores are an upgrade to 4 cores at 3.4 ghz

Edited by coftsock

Im currently using Streamline Servers, they're pretty cheap for a 50 Slot server, really low ping, choice in location. They use TCAdmin which gives you access to Steam Update, server and mission PBos, and allow you to install many mods free.

Advertisement

Im currently using Streamline Servers, they're pretty cheap for a 50 Slot server, really low ping, choice in location. They use TCAdmin which gives you access to Steam Update, server and mission PBos, and allow you to install many mods free.

Many mods free, are you saying that there are companies that require you to pay to install mods? That just feels... Wrong...

If u want to start - go to nitrado.net

they offer pretty solid Servers with good Methods to pay (prepaid, so you can buy your server when you need it , or extend when you need it)

also they offer a donate method - so you dont need to cover that (people can donate for your server over a link, they just need a nitrado account)

I have been using them to try out different Servers or Games on their stability etc. 

So whats the best server to run arma 3, and exile. Specs please, would help.

Do not count the poor performance now, just use examples of 100 man server running flawless.

I see many threads on FPS, GHZ, Cores.... which none of you can agree on. A lower end Half ass server runs fine on i5 16gb 100d, 20up for 7-10 players.

you guys really need to get better cpus, more cores mean jack shit for arma

We contacted all of our customers and friends last night for a test on our 100 slot server and we filled it up completely and had a bunch of mods on it and there was zero lag

Many mods free, are you saying that there are companies that require you to pay to install mods? That just feels... Wrong...

Im not one for slating companies but yes, Ive gone with Survival Servers and they charge for anything, debranding, adding a loading screen, DayZAI ect which price from $5 to $20 individually.

I used them in the past, and for around 4 days my server wasn't even online, and their support team is pretty unprofessional and unresponsive and I believe that is all based on their no refund policy. But I made the mistake in going back and problems have arised again. So I switched to Streamline.

Edited by z3sp

Strange, I use a vm that has a fraction of a xeon being used and have had 30+ people on altis at once without any performance issues.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/2/2015, 14:05:02
Machine name: WIN-X5QIMP9MH18
Operating System: Windows Server® 2008 Standard (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Model: Virtual Machine
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/23/12 17:15:53  Ver: 09.00.06
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7420  @ 2.13GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 9927MB used, 6499MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Edited by Nakama

Advertisement