deanver

Tin cans and toilet paper

34 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a guide to editing in custom recipes? 

Edit: never mind. Was browsing on my phone and missed the above link. 

Edited by _shifty

I like he ambiance they provide. Trash left behind by previous survivors and whatnot. Though I did tweak the loot chances in my server so they're available but far less likely to spawn.  Also tweaked the 4 toilet paper = 1 bandage to 2 toilet paper = 1 bandage. It made more sense since you can wrap a good surface area with one roll of TP.

Advertisement

Trash loot and items that currently have no use in exile give server owners and mod developers options in the way that item works. Like previously mentioned you can use the Exile Abstract Crafting and create items that have a use with them. For example me as a server owner of DayZ Survivors where we turn exile into an immersive  experience like dayz in a2 (or as close as possible) i use a lot of trash loot as in a lot of cases in my loot tables i use a high amount of trash loot to make the good loot in other categories even more rare. It also makes it feel like the place has already been looted by finding empty tin cans and i actually add a lot of items to my trash that are in the game that have no use but have a use in my recipes, kinda like a crafting up way of doing things as my server runs with no traders and you have to make everything. Trash is a very good idea and should remain in the exile loot system and we should always have items that have no "purpose" in exile. 

On 17/12/2015 at 11:28 PM, Lucid_Games said:

Whats the point of putting it in the mod at this point if it's useless mutuelles Entreprise. Should have been added in when it has one. Anything else absolutely useless?

I especially think that he wanted to help. He did not intend to mess. Let's go out tonight.

Advertisement