Mikeeeyy

[FIX] Death Loop Bug

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kuplion said:

I can fix the first one..

Ban/punish ALT-F4 users. There is no reason to use it unless you're attempting to avoid a logout timer and/or combat-logging.

Do you know of anyway to confirm that a user pressed ALT-F4 vs having their connection dropped (for example loss of internet)?

5 hours ago, kuplion said:

I can fix the first one..

Ban/punish ALT-F4 users. There is no reason to use it unless you're attempting to avoid a logout timer and/or combat-logging.

i know that its like combat-logging out but if someone fails connection on my server he will spawn than dead when he comes to game :S

Advertisement
On 29-12-2015 at 4:09 PM, Mikeeeyy said:

Death Loop Bug

995f0e7f72.JPG

This bug is caused by your character dieing before it's properly initialised. In most cases it's death from fall damage, for example logging out on a mission building and then logging in and falling to your death. To fix this we simply freeze the character until the client has taken ownership.

1. Open ExileServer_object_player_database_load.sqf
  2. Find:

_player = _group createUnit ["Exile_Unit_Player", _position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

and underneath paste this:

_player enableSimulation false;

3. Find:

_player addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled", {_this call ExileServer_object_player_event_onMpKilled}];

and underneath paste this:

_tempFix =
    {
    	if (!local _this) then
    	{
    		_this enableSimulation true;
    		[_x select 4] call ExileServer_system_thread_removeTask;
    	};
    };
    [1, _tempFix, _player, true] call ExileServer_system_thread_addTask;

Step 3 may not even be needed, I'm just doing it anyway because it seems like a good idea for the unit to have simulation server side. Please note step 3 is a "temp hacky fix" just because I can't be bothered editing the login fsm, but preferrably when the devs fix it, they should just enableSimulationGlobal on the unit after selectPlayer or towards the end of the fsm when done loading.

Pre-fixed ExileServer_object_player_database_load.sqf here: http://pastebin.com/raw/JtG8bmwu

can somebody help me with this i eddit all the things but still not working?

greetings maikel

I confirmed the server we play on is on version 1.0.2 and still experiencing this error!

0.9.6 states "Fixed: Spawn dead loop when player logged out mid-air" but it doesn't look to be the case.

This is what's happening when I had a mid air crash and when server restarted when i was in my base...I also noticed if I have the dupe problem and happen to spawn another character, if I log out the dupe issue starts, if I kill the duped character I will have a fresh spawn until I kill him again.

Edited by FBMTRAV
Checked on our server and we are already at this version

20 hours ago, FBMTRAV said:

I confirmed the server we play on is on version 1.0.2 and still experiencing this error!

0.9.6 states "Fixed: Spawn dead loop when player logged out mid-air" but it doesn't look to be the case.

This is what's happening when I had a mid air crash and when server restarted when i was in my base...I also noticed if I have the dupe problem and happen to spawn another character, if I log out the dupe issue starts, if I kill the duped character I will have a fresh spawn until I kill him again.

It's possible you have an issue with your mpKilled script. Are you using any custom overrides for it?

On 1/3/2017 at 11:11 PM, kuplion said:

It's possible you have an issue with your mpKilled script. Are you using any custom overrides for it?

Checking into this, thanks.

Advertisement